• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot RC 122" Extra 330SC

Spats

100cc
HEY! The giant scale 3D funfly with mini contest and IMAC primer is definitely on! January 22-24 at the Irvine Lake field (OCMA)! All you guys need to be there! 75 degrees and sunny I would suspect! I'll get @Spats to bring a bunch of planes up for you guys flying in from out of state... I'll bring lots of gas. @Spats planes, tons of gas, you guys, what could possibly go wrong? haha

LOL, Ok so what is the planned events. I can probably come up with 3-5 guys but none of us have ANY interest in IMAC. The only time I watch an IMAC flight is if I need to take a nap and am having trouble falling to sleep :sleeping: :) I'd love to come up and fly, it's only an hour from my house but sorry I just can't stress enough we can't watch any IMAC and especially do not want the background comments from the IMAC flyers.

Sorry to sound harsh but it's just not my thing baby :D

Joe Hunt

150cc
It's a freestyle event! :)

In the past, though, I've found there are a lot of guys that have always been interested in IMAC but found it daunting to think about getting started at an IMAC event. What I've done at some of my events is hold a mock IMAC contest with the sportsman sequence and judging on Sunday around noon. Because usually by then guys are starting to rollup anyway (not that anyone should! haha, I never do! :) ), so it doesn't take much time nor much airspace from anyone. I'll go off general interest, if there's interest we'll do it, if not?, we won't. haha I'm doubting there will be too many, any?, IMAC only guys that show up (although they are welcome as we want to support the Meals on Wheels charity with as many pilot entries as possible. :) )... but there will be lots of crossover IMAC/3D guys like Kyle Woyshnis, Joe McBride, Jason Benson, Jeff Szueber Jr., and myself. But, I wouldn't suspect you'll hear any condescending IMAC comments from anyone, nor see any IMAC style watching the paint dry flying throughout the event. haha It is a freestyle event! :way_to_go::woohoo!::yesss: Greg Stone will be the CD and Safety Officer for the event, and between him and myself we're going to make this all about having fun! Safely, of course. haha

BTW, the park does not allow smoke to be used on the planes. There is also no smoking of cigarettes, etc. on the premises... anywhere, at any time. Start a fire, we lose the field, you lose your nads... that's about how it would go down. haha

Joe Hunt

150cc
Oh, and you did not sound harsh... I know how the IMAC guys can sound! We ain't about that, at 'tul! Won't be any of that at this event, they'll be a short IMAC intro thing, or no IMAC at all. :)

Joe Hunt

150cc
Yeah, the field is super nice... you could land anywhere out in the field and be fine. It's nice and big too... and the runway is really long.

Hey, I didn't realize the spinner was already cut... doh!... haha... it was easy to put on. I didn't even put it on for the photoshoot because I thought it was going to take all day. haha

20151213_153735aaa.jpg 20151213_153803aaa.jpg 20151213_164816aaa.jpg

Had the field all to myself this afternoon... it was heaven!

Joe Hunt

150cc
@Joe Hunt you should just make it a huckfest and forget the competing :mario-banana::banana-dance:

It will be 90% a lovefest, I mean 3D fun-fly open flying event! haha Maybe 100%, we'll see if there is any interest in the competing part. When we had the small comps during the event it never took very long. Kinda just like demos... gotta see if Kyle can beat me with my own plane. haha But, yeah, if it's not a popular idea we could do away with it. I'm just looking to have fun with my freestyle bros and help out the Meals On Wheels charity. 1st rule if I was ruler of the world, no violence of any kind any where, 2nd rule if I was ruler of the world, no one goes hungry. :)