• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot RC 122" Extra 330SC

Joe Hunt

150cc
Interesting...

A DA 170 is not off of the table for my Dalton but that might steer me towards a 3W or ZDZ.

This DA has been interesting, Ben. But, from the beginning DA has said just send it in and they'll check it out. So, that is a positive about DA, too. Now that I have 10 gallons through it... it is really starting to be scary powerful. I was thinking about it and there were two things different about his one and the one I bought a couple of months before... 1) I only ran redline in that one, only BelRay H1R in this one, and 2) that was a round cowl and this is an Extra cowl. But, I don't think either of those really have anything to do with anything. On the maiden it was ripping a Falcon 31-12, like I said. So, I called Dave @ DA and he said "why not send it in and I'll see if the timing is too advanced." I wanted to keep it because it goes so hard. haha Now, like I said, it is REALLY going hard. So, I called DA again and got Colton. He said, "I had one like that it was way fun, tear it up!" Then he said, "but of course I had a head blow off because the timing was too advanced. You could send it in and we'll check out the timing for you."

This thing just screams, and my 122" plane is crazy overpowered... I should probably send it in to have the timing adjusted. Point is, they're good motors and DA will always take care of you. I do love 3W too, and ZDZ sounds good, as well!

Interesting...

Maybe I'll have to try changing the timing on my 60. I made a slight change because of the burbling issue and I found a thread where it went away by fully retarding the timing.

Or maybe I'll just send it in and let them look at it...

Joe Hunt

150cc
A little excitement yesterday... forgot to put in my wing bolts on the right wing. :eek:

Got about 30 seconds into the flight and pulled an upline and watched the wing separate from the fuse by 10" or so... then it rotated 90°. The Dean's plugs were holding it in place. I figured I was done, but I was 100' up and waited to see what it would give me. I tried to hover, but that wasn't happening, but it sorta fell out flat so I pulled up elevator and blip'd the throttle and it went into a flat spin. I kept working the throttle (sometimes full) and the surfaces to keep it going. I chopped the throttle just before it set down. Damage you ask? A crack in the landing gear just above the left axle, and one broken tip on a wood prop (first flight on that prop, spent 2 hours drilling and balancing it to perfection, doh!). Maybe if I had hit the kill switch when I chopped the throttle I could have saved the prop. :/

Going order some new gear tomorrow. I could put my H9 Suk gear on there if I want to fly before the new gear gets here. :sneaky: