Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Pitts S1-T, S1-S, and a Challenger.

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by acerc, Apr 27, 2015.

1. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

So are there any kits out there for a 20-55cc Pitts S-1???? I have found a few sets of plans out there that don't look all that part to build but I'm not in the mood to take on making a cowl and canopy. Just wondering that's all.

2. No kits in that size that I know of. Rick Boyer, whom has the rights to Sheber and Knoll plans, carries
    Andy Sheber 33% Pitts S-1S plans
    Andy Sheber 25% Pitts S-2A plans
    Andy Sheber 33% Pitts S-2A plans
    Frank Knoll 38% Christen Eagle plans
    Direct Connection 30% Ultimate plans
    and http://fiberglassspecialtiesinc.com/ carries cowls, pants, and canopies for all of Ricks plans.
    Rick can be reached by email at, rickboyer1984@gmail.com
    And for a scale tailwheel https://ohiosuperstar.squarespace.com/spring-style-tail-wheels/dsk6q4fbxxnnahzwflfypum30qyx05 in 1/4 scale is the best.
    I have the 1/4 scale on my 1/3 scale Pitts and the 1/3 scale on the 46%'er, they look and work great.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
    WMcNabb likes this.
  3. @Pistolera,
    Are you associated with that S1-T? If so could I get a pic of the top hinge line. I am going to redo my cowl and using the hatch lines would simplify it. I only have one pic but it is not a real clear view but close enough if I had one more agree with it.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  4. Pistolera

Pistolera HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!

I was, years ago. That was the T model I flew in IAC competition. I sold it in '92..... so sorry can'y get you any pics other than the few I have posted and maybe a couple more in my files.

Attached Files:

js-rc and pawnshopmike like this.
  5. That's ok, I found a couple of my particular plane with the right views for the cowl line's.