• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Pitts S1-T, S1-S, and a Challenger.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I just has a marvelous thought, I could put the Valach 140 in the Bulldog I. It will be a while before the Bulldog II is ready and when the time came the engine would be well broken in. Ohh Yeaaa!!!
That is something I would do I am always petrified flying a new plane new radio gear and a new engine all at the same time. It just makes life a little to exciting.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Sorry brotha but that is some old inspiration, about four years old for me. I spoke with him a bit when building the Eagle, great guy and a very talented modeler.

My "gut" told me you might have known him. None the less want to hear and see that Valach beast in your Bulldog :).

I may be CHEAP but I do appreciate fine quality models and propulsion systems ;).

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
The Bulldog 1 and 2 will be a tad smaller with a ws of 86 inches. The Red Eagle (see pic) is the same as in the video, same kit and same engine. But I think mine is prettier...lol..

Attachments

• DSC_7338 - Copy.jpg
    DSC_7338 - Copy.jpg
    466.6 KB · Views: 250

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Well fella's, I have bad news and more bad news. First up is the Valach 140 will not fit the Challenger cowl which after some thought I am kind of glad. If it had fit I would have to change out the DLE 111 along with making new holes and everything else that come's along with it.
Next up is, during yesterdays practice flight's with the Eagle on the last landing the wheel wire broke, I said "last landing" because of the lack of a wheel. There is no way I can rebuild the gear as well as patch and paint the departed pant by Wednesday. So, once again Top Gun will have to go on without me.
I knew the kit gear was being stressed, with a kit weight of 32lbs and a build weight of 48-51, and would eventually give but did not think it would be so soon. Fortunately the airframe is perfectly fine.
And now that I am free and clear of everything the last couple years have brought, houses to rebuild and property to clear, it will be more than ready for next year. Smooth sailing from here out, more or less.

Attachments

• P1080719.JPG
    P1080719.JPG
    347 KB · Views: 241
  • P1080720.JPG
    P1080720.JPG
    341.9 KB · Views: 284

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Now I need to find somewhere or someone that carries Ultracote or used it enough to give me advice on which shade of yellow. The Challenger is close enough I need to order some clothes.

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Now I need to find somewhere or someone that carries Ultracote or used it enough to give me advice on which shade of yellow. The Challenger is close enough I need to order some clothes.
Ok first the colour I belive Ultracote only makes 3 yellows one is cub yellow #30, then cadmium yellow #33 and last a golden yellow #32. I belive number are correct.
That is strange the gear should just bend up or something like, but it just broke off. You lucky it did not dig in and do more damage. The rest is ok so you got 5 days to fix it get cracking you can do it. Let the paint dry as you are driving to top gun.