• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Post'em....Old planes you miss having

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Even though I do still have this Curare, I retired it years ago so I do miss flying it. I didn't build this one, but I've owned it for about 30 years. I started to sand and repaint it a long time ago, but never did.

View attachment 90241

I have a Curare (2), Skymaster, Eclipse, Phoenix 7 and 8 and two or 3 more originals all in need of repair. Then there are the kits; many MK, Zigzaw, etc to be finished. Add in some arfs, P-7, Intruder, Kaos....... They are fun to collect.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I flew the monocote off my Sig 4 Star 40. Years and years of flights. Other favorites that accumulated years of flights were Patty Wagstaff extra 300, Aviation Models 100cc Yak.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
My old 94" Lanier Edge 540. She had a 106cc twin in there......MEGA power with than engine, especially only weighing in at 23 pounds. View attachment 90222 View attachment 90223 View attachment 90224 View attachment 90227 View attachment 90228 View attachment 90229 View attachment 90230 View attachment 90231 View attachment 90232
That is an "AMAZING" looking plane. I would miss it too. It's funny you started this thread. I was just thinking about that very thing. @Snoopy1 brought back a memory (Thank you) from so many years ago and I had thought about starting a "Your Old Love Affair Planes" thread.
Of course I don't have a photo of my Bob Dively 1/3 scale Super Stearman or my Top Flite P-40. But here are a few of my all time Favorites that I miss. I can't believe I never finished the "Stang". Ugh!

Carl Goldberg Sukhoi/O.S. Gemini 1.60 twin.
Sukhoi 1.jpg

Ohio Giles/ZDZ 80 twin.
GILES.jpg

Lanier 1/3 scale Extra 300/Moki 3.6 twin.
Lanier Extra.jpg

Bud Nosen Mustang
stang.jpg
brothers.jpg

Oh yeah...and this one from not so long ago.
Hangar 9 B-25 Mitchell/Saito .72's
Mitch.jpg

Last edited: