• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

R.I.P. Robin Williams

SleepyC;2813 wrote: It is sad and it shows that depression and alcoholism is a serious disease. He was an amazing talent but even his huge success, new wife and healthy bank account couldn't save him.

Very sad.

Haven't been this bummed since Hunter S. Thompson died.

+1 No matter how good it might look to be someone else, often they are messed up inside like the rest of us. Seems like such a waste though.

thurmma

150cc
When I told my daughter about this the first thing she said was "Flubber". He will definitely be missed. One of the best actors that has come along in a long time.

thurmma

150cc
"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time." - Robin Williams

Flyin4fun

70cc twin V2
A comedy genious, his brain could compute ad libs at a million miles per hour, a true shame he could not bypass the thoughts brought on by depression.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Nano Nimnel..... Shazbut.... and so many more of his comments are so easily recognized. I will absolutely miss Mork from Ork.:(

Robbins

Team WTFO (Watch The Fun Occur)
SleepyC;2813 wrote: It is sad and it shows that depression and alcoholism is a serious disease. He was an amazing talent but even his huge success, new wife and healthy bank account couldn't save him.

Very sad.

I agree sleepy.

I have first hand experience dealing with major depression. I am finally getting the help that I feel I have needed for so long... I have been on meds for fourteen years. Seems like they never did work for me. Finally finding a combo that works. Finally taking care of my drinking problem. Finally have a job I love. I have been blessed with the best family I could have ever asked for. I've worked ridiculously hard for all of it, but I know that it's gods blessing that make it a reality.

There are nights I wake up in night sweats hollering aloud. Sometimes crying for no reason. Yea The stuff that make you wish you were dead. Been there. Not A fun place, not worth even visiting.

Only reason I'm here today is my love for my family, rc friends, past co workers, and my love for life and now sharing it with the children.

I have to add that the switching of the medicines is the hardest part. Side effects are horrible. Think I'm going through the hardest part now. I ain't got it all that bad... I know others need to hear words of encouragement. That's why I just posted what I did.

Keep the faith folks, it'll be okay.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
You Robbins, You "da" man. It takes massive and monsterous kahonies to post what you just did. I applaud you, and tip my hat to you. Good on ya....Keep up the fight.