• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale RCM 1/3 Scale Champ Build

TonyHallo

150cc
Need to explain how you water proof from the inside. Maybe I am not understanding but if you water proof the basement it is done from the out side. You dig up all around the house and waterproof the walls and install weeping tile.
Basically you dig up around the walls, in my case I plan to cut at 24" from wall, remove concrete and fill, drill weep holes in bottom of block, add drain channel to wall and footer, add gravel and internal drain pipe, add pit and pump. Hopefully the basement is dry!!!
IMG_9610.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Basically you dig up around the walls, in my case I plan to cut at 24" from wall, remove concrete and fill, drill weep holes in bottom of block, add drain channel to wall and footer, add gravel and internal drain pipe, add pit and pump. Hopefully the basement is dry!!!
View attachment 113441
Thanks for that never seen it done like that. When ever I had problems at my old house we fixed it from the outside. Thank learned something again. You have lot of work ahead of you.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
View attachment 113441

This is SOP in metro Atlanta. Very effective.

TonyHallo

150cc
Seen a plastic surgeon today, he said to take it easy for two weeks so it looks like I'm on hold for awhile. I can't wait to saw the concrete and start hitting it with the 8 pound sledge. I figure that 6 ton of concrete and fill will be bucketed out of the basement, thankfully it is only 7 steps up to the garage. Once it is all fixed just might expand the work area, maybe a clean table for Monokote work, it is nearly impossible to clean my current work area when it comes time to cover.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Seen a plastic surgeon today, he said to take it easy for two weeks so it looks like I'm on hold for awhile. I can't wait to saw the concrete and start hitting it with the 8 pound sledge. I figure that 6 ton of concrete and fill will be bucketed out of the basement, thankfully it is only 7 steps up to the garage. Once it is all fixed just might expand the work area, maybe a clean table for Monokote work, it is nearly impossible to clean my current work area when it comes time to cover.
That is a lot of work do not know how old you are but 6 tons of dirt from a basement is young mans work. Plus all the supplies that needs to be taken down to the basement to do all the repairs.

TonyHallo

150cc
65 1/3, if I get tired I can stop until tomorrow, there's no schedule to comply with. I quit drinking beer so there is no other reason to stop working.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Electric or hydraulic concrete saw, NOT gas powered. Don't forget about carbon monoxide. Of course electric or hydraulic saw cutting is a pros job. Then an electric jackhammer and you're done by lunch.

Greg briley

New to GSN!
I'm building the same Aeronca and would love to speak with you in person to go over lots of questions. I have been building for two years and your pictures are a great help. is there a chance you would have time to respond back to me. I live in Ohio and would love to drive to see your plane in person.

TonyHallo

150cc
Greg,
I would love to meet and talk with you however it not a good time for me right now. I have my workshop (Basement) ripped up and installing an internal french drain. Thursday will mark the two week mark of the project, removed 6 tons of concrete and earth, hauled off to the landfill. Now carrying the gravel back down, at least gravity is on my side now. Still have a few details to work out and will hopefully will start mixing concrete next week. I will PM you my phone number and we can chat if you like.
IMG_0671.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0668.JPG
    IMG_0668.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 255

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Wow that is a big job looking good it looks like the worst is done now it just putting it all back together.