• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Rebuilding the Yak...again.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hat is a bargain to a big plane like that back in the air. Must say after spending some time looking at the pictures I would also have fixed the plane at that cost and the damage is not that bad.
It will be very interesting to see the wood you get from pilot RC. This makes me very interested in a pilot edge, looking for a new plane. That is a big benefit to receive the wood free to fix the plane.
Well have I got a deal for you! How would you like to have my trusty and ever faithfull 107" Purple Pilot Edge? I'm going to strip it and let the airframe go for 500.00 American dead Washingtons. She's never been crashed, (though there are times I wonder how I managed to gather it up before she hit the ground), no hard landings, (though there has been a rudder drag or two) and still just as tight as the day I assembled her. You pay for shipping via Greyhound, (probably less than a buck fity) and she's yours. Yes, the picture reflects her current condition. (Though I can not promise what she'll look like after this weekend :laughing:)
20150918_114909.jpg

BalsaDust

Well have I got a deal for you! How would you like to have my trusty and ever faithfull 107" Purple Pilot Edge? I'm going to strip it and let the airframe go for 500.00 American dead Washingtons. She's never been crashed, (though there are times I wonder how I managed to gather it up before she hit the ground), no hard landings, (though there has been a rudder drag or two) and still just as tight as the day I assembled her. You pay for shipping via Greyhound, (probably less than a buck fity) and she's yours. Yes, the picture reflects her current condition. (Though I can not promise what she'll look like after this weekend :laughing:)
View attachment 85453

what what what your gonna sell the big girl. What happened to the idea of three purple edges sitting side by side.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hey me and you get to work on our Yaks at the same time :way_to_go:

Tony should be shipping my 107 Yak parts out hopefully within the next day or two.
Well I guess you best be for posting your progress too then. Feel free to add to my thread if want.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Ok. Witch one do you prefer an edge or a yak and why.
They are both great airframes. While they both are very capable at everything and "anything" you toss at them, the Yak (in my opinion) has a slight advantage for stability, smoothness and grace. Especially this big girl. On the other hand, the Edge is very high spirited, quick and crisp. It really depends on what you're looking for. Some days I just want to go out and "do-da-da" fly and take it easy. The big Yak or the Sukhoi is the call for the day. Other days, I want to push the envelope and get mean. For days like this, I load the Edge or Baby. I love this purple Edge. It has been an incredible teacher for me. Trust and believe, I won't give it up without a future Edge in the works.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well I guess you best be for posting your progress too then. Feel free to add to my thread if want.

I'll probably have everything bolted in place and ready to go before I even get a chance to take the camera out :eek::oblong::laughing:

I would have just tried to repair the cowl and rudder but they have both already been repaired a number of times before and it was just time for some new parts this time around.