• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Redwing 30cc Yak55 Buid Log

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
75% Expo on high rates? Might I suggest cutting that nearly in half. 35% and give that a try. I know a ton of guys who I have got to switched and it changed them. Just a suggestion. I agree with Tim, incredible rolling harrier, rolling turn around, weeble wobble plane! Very stable as well.

75% Expo on high rates? Might I suggest cutting that nearly in half. 35% and give that a try. I know a ton of guys who I have got to switched and it changed them. Just a suggestion. I agree with Tim, incredible rolling harrier, rolling turn around, weeble wobble plane! Very stable as well.

I know it seems like a lot, but its just my style...having said that, I'm open to new things! I'll give it a try and post back....:)

I was really amazed at how axial it rolls! Its lines are soooo straight!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Herb - Glad you are loving it! Keep us posted on the 3d capability. I think you'll be very pleased. it rolls so clean. Make sure you do some rolling harriers and the like!!

Thanks Tim! I have found my new favorite 30cc airframe. This one really fits my flying style. I will try and get some video posted soon of me flying it.

I've been working on the baffling the cowl so I can try some 3D this weekend. While flying last weekend, I never experienced any symptoms of the engine getting hot but I would rather be safe. I laid up some fiberglass on a piece of glass and allowed it to set. By laying it up on the piece of glass I get one side completely smooth which makes it easier to finish. I then cut a circle near the same size as the front opening of the cowl so it would fit against the front edge from the inside. I then tacked it into place with a little CA and marked where the cylinder opening would be. Then I took a dremel and cut the opening for the prop shaft and cylinder. I then built the sides to keep the air directed at the cylinder.
IMG_0122.JPGIMG_0123.JPGIMG_0124.JPG

Baffling finished and installed in cowl. I will need to cut an opening for the choke rod and the two bottom cowling screws next.
IMG_0125.JPG

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I've been working on the baffling the cowl so I can try some 3D this weekend. While flying last weekend, I never experienced any symptoms of the engine getting hot but I would rather be safe. I laid up some fiberglass on a piece of glass and allowed it to set. By laying it up on the piece of glass I get one side completely smooth which makes it easier to finish. I then cut a circle near the same size as the front opening of the cowl so it would fit against the front edge from the inside. I then tacked it into place with a little CA and marked where the cylinder opening would be. Then I took a dremel and cut the opening for the prop shaft and cylinder. I then built the sides to keep the air directed at the cylinder.
View attachment 25206View attachment 25207View attachment 25208

Holy "cowl" that's some great work! Doesn't get any better than that.

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G

I usually run 70% expo on high rates and 30-35% on low rates if I even program lows in there.