• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Redwing 89" Extra 330SC

uploadfromtaptalk1407818464384.jpgwell she's on here feet... I think I will be taking the gear to work and painting it red to match the bottom of the plane... since I went with the silver wheel pants. . Plan to place a Redwing logo on the wheel pants...also since I vent all my motors threw the can tunnel.. I will be enclosing the can tunnel with some 1/8th balsa which will be simple to do. I will also make a light ply extender plate for more mount room uploadfromtaptalk1407818755213.jpg

SnowDog

Managed to finally get my throttle servo setup to where I like it.
Found out that some of my issues with getting the endpoints and limits and such working right was that I had to calibrate my TX sticks!
Fortunately, the Airtronics SD-10G can be calibrated without having to send it back to the factory! woot woot.
Tonight I install the choke linkage, then it will be time for the fuel tank (pre-plumbed from [MENTION=2715]WrongWayRc[/MENTION]) and then the cowl.
Pretty confident I'll be able to maiden this weekend!!

bammer991

New to GSN!
I will add some 1/8 ply as well. im using a 16oz tank for fuel and a 32 for smoke so i need some extra space for my rx. also I took out the L shape brackets where the gear bolts up. the stock ones are very thin and they were a 1/16 th of an inch off the wood they are screwed into the side with Phillips screws ! I plan to use allens. I also plan to use some corner trim to beef up the bottom wood piece the gear bolts on. I always go over any new plane with extra ca just for my own piece of mind..sure is a solid built plane and very light weight ! I think i'll also add some fiber glass to the inside of the cowl. its extremely thin. Im afraid if i grab it by the cowl someday it could easily crack the paint. its extremely flexible.

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Make your own electric fueler!

[MENTION=2]SnowDog[/MENTION], [MENTION=712]bbrown2828[/MENTION], [MENTION=1185]cardenflyer[/MENTION]:

I recommend you remove and reinstall the lower canopy mounting tabs... Use with thin ca, then epoxy/thick CA. Both of mine came out in flight.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408079885.552858.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1408079907.519417.jpg

Already talked with Tim about it, and some kind of product bulletin is forthcoming.

SnowDog

Thanks Gary, I saw your post about this earlier. Last night I was working on cutting my cowl and I noticed that one of the blind nuts on the bottom of my cowl mounting blocks was really messed up...stripped a few M3 bolts trying to clean it out, finally said "nuts" to that and decided to replace the blind nut. Yeah for trimcraftaviationrc.com where I had recently restocked my hardware bins to include all sorts of M3, M4, and M5 bolts, nuts, and blind nuts!

Anyway, it was very easy to remove the blind nut...I was able to pry it out with a screwdriver...the glue used to attach the mounting block and the blind nut was kind of sticky and definitely not epoxy. I replaced the blind nut with a new one and now the M3 bolt goes in just fine. I will reglue the mounting blocks with epoxy this weekend.

Again, thanks for the heads up on this one...that's what build logs are all about!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Got some of my Knife Edge Graphix installed today, and Decal Dennis ([MENTION=2466]Superstocktx[/MENTION]) does amazing work!
Here are some teaser pics, I'll get some assembled photos at the field tomorrow:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408141563.272141.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1408141594.855007.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1408141614.754520.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1408141637.587580.jpg