• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Redwing RC 76" MXS-R

gyro

GSN Contributor
Do you pin the first hole with a second bit before drilling the others? That is the secret - you need two drill bits

Nope, didn't do that... Thought I torqued the retaining bolt in enough, but guess not! Thanks for the pointer Ray!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Needless to say, Brian thoroughly thrashed this plane around, and put on a great demo of what it can do. I even jumped in for some fun, and flew a little today too. She was a little tail heavy, but this seemed to make the plane a little more stable in high alpha, and there was no tuck to the gear in KE as when previously flown nose heavy. Overall a very fun airplane, really excels in precision, rolling harriers, screams, snakes, and pop tops. As Brian described, not a hybrid, but equally capable at 3D and precision.

Plus... have we said how FAST it is? :D

[video=youtube_share;z7iXopZOpuw]http://youtu.be/z7iXopZOpuw[/video]

SnowDog

Wow...nicely done Brian! You really showed quite a lot of versatility for that airframe! Really enjoyed the video!

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
Great flying Brian.

Man, if we had hay bails at our field, I know a few of us would be do stupid stuff with edfs :popcorn:

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I agree, very nice! I have to say... convincing videos that show the range of capability help sell airplanes. I'm really happy to see redwing (and other vendors) investing in getting their planes reviewed this way. It makes it a lot easier to hit the buy button when it becomes more of a known commodity... we cant all afford to be early adopters ;)

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
I agree, very nice! I have to say... convincing videos that show the range of capability help sell airplanes. I'm really happy to see redwing (and other vendors) investing in getting their planes reviewed this way. It makes it a lot easier to hit the buy button when it becomes more of a known commodity... we cant all afford to be early adopters ;)

+1 :)