• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport Restoring The Laser

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Yes @Rusty 73 , you are correct. Plus, from what I've been told and read, that muffler was LOUD. . . . . . :big_yes: It also has a unique was of attaching to the engine. It bolted to the flange from the top and bottom, so bolts through the casing wouldn't distort the cylinder it they were too tight. Did you have one of these? if so, what did you have it in (my first RC love will always be classic pattern planes)?

Rusty 73

100cc
My dad and i had the Rossi 40 which i used in quickie 500 racing , it was very loud as well , it had a lot of torque . If i remember that the muffler bolted into the case so the bolts went through the case hole and tightened into the muffler . I still have the engine and should look at it .
The 60 Rossi my dad used with a pipe on a pattern type aircraft . These engines were VERY tough especial the ABC piston and liner that stood up alot of heat and didn't loose it's compression :big_yes:

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well Fellas,

This thread isn't dead yet but it's close. I may just put it out of its misery. Keep getting side tracked with work and other little projects. Every time I get ready to work on the Laser, something else comes up. . . . . . . . :mad:

BalsaDust

Never give up but if you would like bring it to me and I will fly it for you until your ready to work on it.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Never give up but if you would like bring it to me and I will fly it for you until your ready to work on it.
That would be a trick. How would propose to fly it without an engine on the firewall? . . . . . :spongebob: Especially since there is not enough firewall left to mount a motor on. . . :eek:

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well Fella's,
Since I haven't been posting anything in my thread for the last two months, I've decided to bring it back from the depths of GSN. . . . . :laughing:
Unfortunately, I do not have any progress to report, but I promise it won't be long before I get to work on it.

I want to ask any of you other Futaba users who have SBus in their larger planes some questions about it. I understand the principle behind it and how it works. I'm just not sure about some of the installation practices. I figured that since I have the servo's, receiver CUI and channel selector, I might as well use SBus in my Laser. My first set of questions are as follows;

1. Since my Laser has four servos in the tail, what is the best way to set it up? Will I need a 6-way terminal block or will the 4-way work?

2. Should I be concerned with the power consumption of running four HV servos off one Sbus cable from the receiver?

3. Is there any difference between an SBus extension and a regular servo extension?

4. Does Futaba make the cables that go between the receiver and the terminal block longer than 13" (350mm)?
I am sure I will have more questions, but this is a good start.

TIA,
David

thurmma

150cc
Sorry David, I was an Airtronics guy before I switched to Jeti this year. Wish I knew where to point you for help.