• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport Restoring The Laser

Alky6

150cc
Can anybody out there help me with my questions? @thurmma @Alky6 any else out there familiar with SBus?

Thanks,
David
Ha! I've got a bunch of old (AM) Futaba stuff lying around. A Kraft radio too :eek:. Unfortunately, I won't be much help for you on the latest and greatest as I switched to Spektrum when I bought new radios when I ventured back into the hobby. You have also asked great questions David. I hope you get the answers to your questions!

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
You're more than welcome, Van. . . . . :way_to_go: I will probably never mount or run my NIB one either, but it would look AWESOME sitting in the front of my Mach 1 and I bet it would pull the :steamer: out of it. . . . . :yesss:.

You're more than welcome, Van. . . . . :way_to_go: I will probably never mount or run my NIB one either, but it would look AWESOME sitting in the front of my Mach 1 and I bet it would pull the :steamer: out of it. . . . . :yesss:.

The second one that I have has been run but is in great shape. I was looking on F/G one day and a guy had it for sale for $50.00 . I jumped on that like a Goose on a June Bug LOL !!.

Van

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Wow,

It's been four months since I've posted on this thread. . . . . . . . :ugh:. I certainly haven't forgotten about it, but work on my AMR Stick has consumed what little spare time I've had this summer. Speaking of Summer, does anybody know what happened to it? Seems like just started last week and it's already gone ! ! ! !:(.

This may sound all too familiar, but I am still undecided on the engine to use. Since I am definitely using my 3Dub 70 on the AMR Stick, I have thought about using one of the two older 3Dub 60's I have in the Laser. It is closer in size and weight to the engine that was originally in it, and I am certain it will pull it around just fine. Another added benefit of putting it in the Laser is that even though the engine has a side intake, the cowl should be more than wide enough. However, since one of my 60's hasn't been run in almost 10 years and I have no clue when the other one was last run, I think I need to send both of them to the G-Man and let him go through them and get them back into A-1 running condition again.

See ya Fellas

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Wow,

It's been four months since I've posted on this thread. . . . . . . . :ugh:. I certainly haven't forgotten about it, but work on my AMR Stick has consumed what little spare time I've had this summer. Speaking of Summer, does anybody know what happened to it? Seems like just started last week and it's already gone ! ! ! !:(.

This may sound all too familiar, but I am still undecided on the engine to use. Since I am definitely using my 3Dub 70 on the AMR Stick, I have thought about using one of the two older 3Dub 60's I have in the Laser. It is closer in size and weight to the engine that was originally in it, and I am certain it will pull it around just fine. Another added benefit of putting it in the Laser is that even though the engine has a side intake, the cowl should be more than wide enough. However, since one of my 60's hasn't been run in almost 10 years and I have no clue when the other one was last run, I think I need to send both of them to the G-Man and let him go through them and get them back into A-1 running condition again.

See ya Fellas
Wow, you still haven't finished this? Isn't it time you spent some time with it? Hmmm? Lol. Hey, I have a couple of engines that would be the cats meow for that thing. Maybe tgat will start a fire under ya huh? Hee hee

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Wow, you still haven't finished this? Isn't it time you spent some time with it? Hmmm? Lol. Hey, I have a couple of engines that would be the cats meow for that thing. Maybe tgat will start a fire under ya huh? Hee hee

Let me get my Stick done and I will get back to work on the Laser, I promise. If you have something with a shiny red head or two, send it on. . . . . :LOL_gif: