• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Restoring The Yak

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I may have not succeeded with the exhaust yesterday. But I refuse to be beaten. I'll get it figured out in due time. I may go with the 1090's. I may go stock J&A's. I'm determined to get this girl airborne.

On a more positive note, I spent the afternoon with my favorite Red Head.:banana-dance::banana-dance::banana-dance:

I finalized the interior of the fuse today. I'm just about certain I have an obsession with TDRC!;)

20160303_174727.jpg
20160303_174554.jpg
20160303_174812.jpg
20160303_174824.jpg

Maybe I'll work on a little baffling tonight. It really shouldn't matter what exhaust I end up with. Either way, the 212 needs to be cooled, right?

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
@stangflyer if I may suggest some help. I have some experience in 2 stroke racing engines in the late 60's and early 70' built and raced two stroke engines in Europe. Must say I have zero experience with the actual 3w engine you are working with but they all work under the same principles. Looking at the header you are using and the way they are connected and the different lengths that the 2 cylinders will be entering the tune pipe or the cannester it can not be tuned. It can only be tuned if you run four systems. So the best way for a 2 stroke engine can make is 2 ways special tuned pipe at a small RPM range it can be improved but the power drops. The second way open pipe with the lowest back pressure. So if I may suggest run both headers into a single muffler. The biggest box you can fit into the fuse. Sure JTec can help. Make it as big as possible and outlets large. Make a deal the the maker of the muffler. Pick an outlet size test it if it is restrictive send it back for a larger one until you get what you need. Note the larger the outlets are the noisier it will be. Note if the muffler Is to small the engine will over heat right away.

Alky6

150cc
I have decided to just run the stock mufflers made for this motor.
A resolution at last! LOL. I do hope they work out well for you. She does look and sound beautiful! FWIW, I am with @Snoopy1 on the converge length differnce on the headers. Assuming firing order is 180 deg out from each other, the differing lengths of the header from the converge to the piston face will create problems.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Yeah, it sure looked like green fuel line to me.

I get the feeling a BIG Yak maiden will be performed soon. . . . . . :yesss:
Should be sometime this month. I really need to spend some time with the Dalton while I'm waiting for exhaust. So I'll probably be working on that this weekend.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
That Will be an exciting day new plane and a big four cylinder red head. It will sound great my flying buddy has a four cylinder plane and let me fly it once it is hard to explain but it was great and ever since then I have wanted one it has smooooooooooth power and lots of it. Sweat the first flight and enjoy the next 100 flights.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
That Will be an exciting day new plane and a big four cylinder red head. It will sound great my flying buddy has a four cylinder plane and let me fly it once it is hard to explain but it was great and ever since then I have wanted one it has smooooooooooth power and lots of it. Sweat the first flight and enjoy the next 100 flights.
They definitely are smooth. And from what I have seen with my sons 222, it is a completely different power altogether. I highly doubt the 3w is going to be any different. The times I have flown my sons big Edge with his 222, it seems the power is just "ALWAYS" there. It should be lots of fun with this big Yak and the 3dub four cylinder up front.