• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Restoring The Yak

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Awesome job Rob! Looked like she flew really well.
Thanks Mark. Not too bad actually. I like that it is gentle. My old man flying style can keep up with it. LOL. I think once I get as many flights on it as the Pilot Edge, it will be just as much fun. Know what I like most about it though? It's finally done. Whoo hoo.

-Rick-

100cc
She looks real good in the air Rob! I love my slicks but the yak 54 is a very, very close 2nd. And yours looks like a real powerhouse!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Great nice to see it all came out well and you are going to enjoy the plan. Have one question now that you have flown a 200cc twin and a 200cc four cylinder which one do you prefer. Not taking installation difficulties into account.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Great nice to see it all came out well and you are going to enjoy the plan. Have one question now that you have flown a 200cc twin and a 200cc four cylinder which one do you prefer. Not taking installation difficulties into account.
I love love love the sound of a four cylinder. If setup properly, they are just as user friendly as a twin. They have the same capabilities any other motor has. Just different torque and different "come on power". I've seen some incredible hucking done with a four cylinder. Kim with his DA 200 on a Hangar 9 Sukhoi and Tim Hanstine with his DLE 222 powered 126" 3DHS Slick. My sons 222 on his 43% Edge is pretty amazing. But my personal preference is a twin. I wanted so much to put the 3dub 212 4 banger on this plane. I truthfully just got burnt out from the encountered problems.

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks for the reply , now you have to find a home for the four cylinder motor that is not a bad problem to have, enjoy the plane it looks and sounds great.