• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Robart Electric Retracts

Red Raider

70cc twin V2
One other thing that I've started to do when there are complaints about a product is to actually count how many "different" posters there are making the complaint. There are guys that will write 20 posts on 3-4 different forums. Makes it sound like there is a complete system failure when in fact it may have been only half a dozen defective units. Just saying. . . .

camss69

70cc twin V2
The mechanics of the gear that I got from Robart seems to be quite good. The issue with this set is that the tolerances between the yoke and the side frames are too close and they drag on the inside. The guy I talked to at Robart knew exactly what I was talking about and watched the video I made while I was on the phone with him. He promised that it was an easy fix and that he would turn them around quickly. They're paying for the shipping both ways - he sent me a FedEx label via email.

Sounds like they are taking care of you so that's good.

Red Raider

70cc twin V2
I'm counting on it. I've always thought that robart was a quality company and produced good gear. I hope that my confidence is justified. I've got $2,000 invested in the plane and the last thing I want is to tear it up because the gear failed.

Lojik

70cc twin V2
I'm counting on it. I've always thought that robart was a quality company and produced good gear. I hope that my confidence is justified. I've got $2,000 invested in the plane and the last thing I want is to tear it up because the gear failed.
Its the right way to run a company. Like i said i havnt had much experiance with robart but if thats the level of customer service then i would have no quarrels giving them a go. Hope the fix goes well and may i ask what this is going in?

Red Raider

70cc twin V2
Its the right way to run a company. Like i said i havnt had much experiance with robart but if thats the level of customer service then i would have no quarrels giving them a go. Hope the fix goes well and may i ask what this is going in?

I'm building a scratch built P-51. There's a build thread here on GSN that details my efforts.

Red Raider

70cc twin V2
I delivered the gear to FedEx last Saturday. I haven't heard anything yet, but as soon as I do, I'll post it here. I thoroughly expect them to take care of it.

Last edited: