• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Scratch build Laser 200

That’s the same size mini split I put in my shop. Works awesome! Keeps it comfortable year round.

I agree, here in Canada on the east coast, we do get some rather long and cold winters, I use to heat the shop with a 4800 watt electric heater, two things it didn't do a good job and cost an arm an a leg to heat. Since I installed the mini split last fall I was able to test out its attributes comfort wise and cost wise, and I am super happy with it , and now with our also hot summer, its a god send, I should have done this a long time ago. Now I can spend more time in the shop and building which is what I like to do.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I agree, here in Canada on the east coast, we do get some rather long and cold winters, I use to heat the shop with a 4800 watt electric heater, two things it didn't do a good job and cost an arm an a leg to heat. Since I installed the mini split last fall I was able to test out its attributes comfort wise and cost wise, and I am super happy with it , and now with our also hot summer, its a god send, I should have done this a long time ago. Now I can spend more time in the shop and building which is what I like to do.
Where about in the east coast do you live if I may ask or which provenance because I live in Ontario.

Where about in the east coast do you live if I may ask or which provenance because I live in Ontario.
I'm originally from Cornwall Ontario, worked for General Motors in Quebec for 30 years and now live in Moncton New Brusnwick, and I love it here, my daughter and grands are here so its my home now

I build in my basement, it is cold in the summer and nice and warm in the winter. The main trunk of the HVAC is right above my work bench. Today I installed AT-V1 telemetry system in the Glasair, the cylinder head temps were 59f when it was powered up!

I don't have a basement unfortunately so this is why my garage/shop is so important to me

assembly is going well, while doing this the printer is doing its job by printing the servo mounting plate for the tail servos

Attachments

• DSC_0279.JPG
    DSC_0279.JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 265
  • DSC_0281.JPG
    DSC_0281.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 259
  • DSC_0282.JPG
    DSC_0282.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 333
  • DSC_0283.JPG
    DSC_0283.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 239
  • DSC_0284.JPG
    DSC_0284.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 264
  • DSC_0285.JPG
    DSC_0285.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 242

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I'm originally from Cornwall Ontario, worked for General Motors in Quebec for 30 years and now live in Moncton New Brusnwick, and I love it here, my daughter and grands are here so its my home now
Let me know when it is lobster season I will pay you a visit. Just kidding us to have a good friend in Mahone Bay. Beautiful place and the lobster was outstanding, loved going there.

Let me know when it is lobster season I will pay you a visit. Just kidding us to have a good friend in Mahone Bay. Beautiful place and the lobster was outstanding, loved going there.
Lobster season is nearly over but guess what I rarely eat lobster, although I should LOL

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!

how did you pick Moncton for a retirement destination?