• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Secraft Wire Tensioners

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Is anyone using these or similar product on your rudder cables?  I was curious if you ever put them on a plane that was already set up and if the extra turnbuckle provides the extra length that you can still use your existing wire? 

wire.JPG

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
I've used them in a couple of planes...I think it would be very close as the pull pull cable has to go in (I don't know the technical term) the colored dohickey, loop back around and back through the sleeve.  Its kind of tedious threading it back through and easier with extra slack.  Once you have the end back through, the colored dohickey doesn't slide very easy to where you could pull it back out to get it to the length you need.  I would just redo your cables, these things make setting up pull pull a breeze. 

I would also look at SWB's pull pull tensioners, I think you could add those without having to change the wire out.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Those things are awesome. They make setup a breeze. I will never do a pull-pull setup without them.

BarracudaHockey

70cc twin V2
Add a set of coated pull pull cables to your order.

I have used them from the beginning and retrofitted.  As Eric said, I wouldn't do another p/p without them for my own stuff.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
BarracudaHockey said

Add a set of coated pull pull cables to your order.

I have used them from the beginning and retrofitted.  As Eric said, I wouldn't do another p/p without them for my own stuff.

+1 The coated cable is awesome also. I think he has a kit with all of the items needed to do a pull pull setup.

Pbilt024

70cc twin V2
Azhar @aztechaeromodels offers the complete kit with wire and all.  It's the best thing that you can do to a pull-pull setup.  I am currently running this setup on 8 planes from 60-170cc.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Are you guys using the wire tensioners on both ends? I see that they have Easy Couplers that match that are a quick disconnect but non adjustable. I have no need for rudder removal so I was thinking of using the wire tensioners on both ends as they are the same price.
So what is the consencious on the brass tubes, don't use them? I am getting ready to order these.

BarracudaHockey

70cc twin V2
I use the quick disconnects on the rudder end, you never know when you might need to unhook the cable. If you don't want to go that route just use the stock stuff on the rudder end and the tensioners on the servo end.

No sleeves needed, just run the wire through and tighten the set screws.