• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Setting up SmartFly W/Futaba question ?!

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Thanks Rob !! We're looking at winter here , just around the corner so I won't get it in the air till next spring sometime. I did have to make some repairs to the landing gear area as 10 or 11 yrs. ago when my buddies tried to fly it, the eng. quit on takeoff & pancaked in. So I got that area repaired with new wood & just have to glasscloth that area now. I really can't wait for spring & it's not even winter yet !!

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Thanks too 49 dimes !! I always think of you lately when I have a cheezeburger, ha !! Oh, we were about 3 hrs. setting up that SF yesterday & that's not working on the servos ! I believe I have to get it all wired up & the SF installed before I can do all that centering of the servos & all. I'll probably have some more questions down the road & thanks again !!
John

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Thanks Rob !! We're looking at winter here , just around the corner so I won't get it in the air till next spring sometime. I did have to make some repairs to the landing gear area as 10 or 11 yrs. ago when my buddies tried to fly it, the eng. quit on takeoff & pancaked in. So I got that area repaired with new wood & just have to glasscloth that area now. I really can't wait for spring & it's not even winter yet !!
Well now ya got's me curious. Show us the big plane. I looooooooove big planes.:yesss:

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Oh, thanks again Rob, never thought about a picture being as how I just always say it's an old er plane & I believe it's 11 yrs. old now, but here is a couple pics. & of my repair job too. The plane, a 3W at 116' wingspan, still looks like new, except in the gear leg area on the side of the fuse. It originally only got in the air when the eng. quit & pancaked down. I have some body work & painting to do in that area also. I've been studying the thread Terry has going on repairing & will get that body filler he mentioned not the Red stuff which I was going to get , ha !! Sure is a lot of info here !! Thanks again, John

DSCF2693.JPG
DSCF2693.JPG
DSCF2705.JPG
DSCF2702.JPG
DSCF2703.JPG

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Oh baby.... I likey. 11 years old or not, she should be a sweet flyer. Which motor you using? There definitely is a lot of really good info. here. Most everyone is so willing to offer up their knowledge and experience. Which I myself appreciate greatly. Not to mention the friendships that are created here. One of the most important facets to me about this awesome hobby is the true to life people I am grateful to meet and get to know. Oh yeah, and flying. Flying hard!:way_to_go:

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Ha !! Glad you like it Rob !! I found a real good used DA-150, he said about 5 yrs. old & before the L or lighter version so I hope that works out good !! I usually mostly read on the forum cause I'm not the greatest conversationalist, ha, unless I can really relate to something, I'm doing pretty good here though !! Yeah, lots of good guys here & you don't get pounded when you post something I've noticed !! Seems real down to earth here !!
Thanks again !!
John