• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Share your ideas for safe pre-flight and flying

JAG

70cc twin V2
I'm bad about range checking. I need to get into the habit of adding that to my routine for sure. For sure now that I'm building bigger and more expensive planes.

Robotech

70cc twin V2
I think a new thing I'm going to add to my routine is to turn on each switch separately to check that A. I plugged in the battery for that switch and B. That switch actually still works.;)
That is part of my routine now. I use Wolverine switches and before the canopy goes on I turn each switch on and off independently to make sure both batteries are in the circuit.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Guilty as charged. Guess I'm so use to multi-tasking at work that I've never really given it a second thought. Feel free to talk to me anytime (except when I'm using the restroom. I hate that:p). I think my brain actually works better when someone is chewing on my ear. I think it drowns out all the voices in my head and allows me to focus on only one voice.:D
Does this really help with the voices in your head? Sometimes I have so many voices going on, it sounds like a damn train station. Then while I'm flying, I hear one that says, hey...try this. Another voice that says, oh no you dont. And then a third that says, chicken. So of course I listen to the first voice and invariably a fourth voice pipes in and says, see? I told ya so. Ugh... I need a padded room at the end of some flights. Lol

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Does this really help with the voices in your head? Sometimes I have so many voices going on, it sounds like a damn train station. Then while I'm flying, I hear one that says, hey...try this. Another voice that says, oh no you dont. And then a third that says, chicken. So of course I listen to the first voice and invariably a fourth voice pipes in and says, see? I told ya so. Ugh... I need a padded room at the end of some flights. Lol
Rob same:steamer: here. Voices are chattin up a storm in there, it's really messed up when they start arguing with one another, like I'm not even there. I think I'm ok though, I haven't started talking or arguing back at them YET.

-Rick-

100cc
I get the plane on the runway ready to go, but I will do one last check on the control surfaces to make sure all is well before taking off. And I always use a chicken stick of some kind, for the smaller planes a custom stick made for me by a friend. Larger planes (150cc) I use the paint roller, took a while to get used to it but it works for me now.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Rob same:steamer: here. Voices are chattin up a storm in there, it's really messed up when they start arguing with one another, like I'm not even there. I think I'm ok though, I haven't started talking or arguing back at them YET.
You're not too far gone then. I've been answering them for a while now. But the upside is, you can blame the voices for some really dumb thumbs.:spongebob: