• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Share your Trailer Ideas Here

Krzy4RC

GSN Contributor
We made a little progress tonight. Got some wiring laid, insulation cut and put in and distro box located. Also have a second shelf put in for Tx boxes and such. One step at a time!
trailer 03.17.2015.jpg
trailer 03.17.2015-2.jpg
trailer 03.17.2015-3.jpg
trailer 03.17.2015-4.jpg

mjg0808

50cc
Looking good. I just installed the same converter and finished up my electric. I'll post up some pics tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krzy4RC

GSN Contributor
Looking good. I just installed the same converter and finished up my electric. I'll post up some pics tomorrow.

MJGo, did you run into any issues with the Distribution Box? Did you hook up a deep cycle 12V. What wiring did you use if you did.

Thanks!

mjg0808

50cc
MJGo, did you run into any issues with the Distribution Box? Did you hook up a deep cycle 12V. What wiring did you use if you did.

Thanks!
No issues. I was a little intimidating at first but here's what I have.
2 Trojan 6 volt 225 ah batteries run in series. Grounded to the frame with 2/0 wire I picked up from West Marine. The batteries run to my inverter with the supplied #4 wire that was doubled up. The pd 4045 is hooked up to the batteries with #6 wire which was the biggest that would fit into the terminals. That's fed through my Marinco 15 amp inlet with #10 romex wire feeding into the unit. Also used #10 romex wire for my a/c. The dist box is running the main 30 amp breaker, 20 amp for the converter, 20 amp for the AC and 15 for all the outlets. I may put a double breaker to separate some of the outlets but for now I think it will work b/c I don't really ever plan on running all of my outlets @ one time. I did run a junction box to do it all from under the base cabinet if I ever want to.
The dc side is running 2 charger outlets up front, radio, alarm, main led strip lights on the roof, spot lights on the rear(hate taking my plane apart in the dark), indirect led lighting behind the tv and under the kick plate of my base cabinet and led lights that will be running under the shelf in the back when I get some etrack. I also made a plug from my inverter and put it in a box under the cabinet, solely
1b7f9e058fa4cb74fdf10037186d51f7.jpg
84fcbadbb158a4a797542438960ac203.jpg
e17a67e2bf82542dd2c6e6f9c68fe750.jpg
cbb5c95330079b678d18c27107131301.jpg
for more outlets on the inverter side. Hope this helps. It took me about a week to figure all the wiring out but it's working flawlessly. It's a great setup.