• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Shop Construction

sweetpea

100cc
I've been debating this all night and today. I have an alternate idea for how to support the back end of the unit.

I plan to add a lean-to on the back side of this building for my trailer/lawn equipment/atv. It will have doors on each side. so putting a post in the ground or even angled brackets below the unit would create even less space. I'm thinking of placing a plank of iron or wood under the unit and using chain with eye hooks to the beam above the unit. This way nothing is in my way and the unit is supported. I'm not concerned about drilling into the structure....there are already 10000s of screws holding the tin to the wood frame already. I'll caulk up any new holes.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Here's what I did on the A/C at the pawnshop. It works great and is mostly out of the way since it angles back into the wall.
image.jpg

sweetpea

100cc
Hey...I take offense to that!

In your picture....is there any boards from the window to the end of unit or did you just attach the 2x4s to the back of the unit with nothing more underneath from window to the end?

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Hey...I take offense to that!

In your picture....is there any boards from the window to the end of unit or did you just attach the 2x4s to the back of the unit with nothing more underneath from window to the end?
No boards under the unit itself. The front half is sitting on the wall. Then I attatched the back of the case to the brace by screwing it down to the brace from inside the case. Then I slid the unit into the case. Does that make sense? Hard to explain.:p

sweetpea

100cc
Did more wiring tonight. Wires are ran for every plug. Need to hook up one plug and cut holes for 2 outside lights then cut all power and put it all in the fuse box. That is my Saturday project. Tomorrow is putting up 2*4 beams for the wall supports. Wed is foam day!

sweetpea

100cc
Everything is hooked up!

Did have 2 outlets not work but they were simple fixes were the insulation was in the way.

Finishing up the framing for walls and the ac mount.