• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Shop Construction

sweetpea

100cc
Nope. Have to wait for the foam. Then I put in my base walls and new flooring....then the fridge. Which needs painting as well to match

sweetpea

100cc
Plus you can't get the fridge out of my garage right now.....its packed in with all my boxes and tables and book shelves etc for the shop.

Got more done today. added 2 outside outlets just in case I want them. I just need to decide on what kind of AC unit I want and where to put it. Then run that wire/outlet and my outside lights. Then wiring is done.

I'm ahead on the wiring! I'll be done by the upcoming weekend. Doesn't matter if it rains....I can do all my work indoors! The AC unit I had my eye on (closeout) is gone :(

Now I have to find something I can afford. Only issue is window units won't work because my window is side opening. I will most likely have to to cut a hole in the wall before they foam up the shop. Unless somebody has other ideas?

Last edited:

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I went with a mini split. Only requires about a 3" hole. The downside is you would need a heating/cooling guy to install it since it has to be charged after running all the lines. I had my father-in-law install mine since that's what he does for a living.

For my shop I went with an 18000 btu unit and it works great. Your shop is larger than mine so a 24,000 btu would be better but you could probably get by with 18,000. Got mine off eBay. It was even cheaper than my father-in-laws cost by quite a bit.

Something like this one would work great.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ductless-Ai...793?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35e9b30b11

sweetpea

100cc
I've looked at those...over my budget. I'm hoping to be in the 400 range. Isn't looking good though. Need to decide before the 20th.

My shop is only 720sq feet so not overly large.

sweetpea

100cc
Those are the ones I've been debating on. I can still use my window for exhaust. They don't cool as much sq footage though.