• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Should we create an 3D competition in the 50" to 74" Class?

Should 3DRCForums create an Amatuer 3D Competition?

• Hell Yeah!

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • Nah, too many events this year already.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony7820

70cc twin V2
i think with the recent advances in the 57-64" class, there is not a huge difference in air presence compared to a 30cc plane. not to mention there is not a big price different between the two either. also the 30cc class is rediculously popular. i love the idea of not allowing 50cc as that is a different price range and brings in a whole boat load of other things to deal with. i like the idea of no airframe sponsorships, that really lets some guys get exposure

+1 :)

djmoose

70cc twin V2
here's the fine line between a stand alone event and a contest that happens at an already established event....

If it is it's own stand alone event, I doubt you'll have a lot of turnout.

On the other side, if it take up time at an established event...the guests who are not competing will complain that the flight line is closed.

You're never going to make everyone happy...I just see this being a tough problem to solve.

I would maybe try to work with the folks at XFC to see if they would let someone add this event to the festivities at XFC? Just a thought.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Should we create an 3D competition in the 55" to 78" Class?

Thanks for the inputs so far. This is picking up some steam behind the scenes.... Have a possible slot in an already scheduled event.
We might be able to make this work!

Looking like 35cc and below, or 50-74".

Anthony7820

70cc twin V2
On the other side, if it take up time at an established event...the guests who are not competing will complain that the flight line is closed.

That gives them a reason to compete. Considering the entry fee won't be as high as the King50 (I'm guessing), and since it is 50-74" a lot more people will want to compete (since they either do not have a 50cc or they don't want to risk crashing their 50cc). Another factor is that it will be amateurs only and some of the people that "were to afraid" to compete before will be able to join in.

But in the end you are right, some people will be mad because the flight line is closed(even at the King50), and if it is a stand alone event only the competitors and a few spectators will attend.

gyro

GSN Contributor

I don't think 1-1.5 hrs per day is unreasonable. Flights should be about. 3 min.

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
here's the fine line between a stand alone event and a contest that happens at an already established event....

If it is it's own stand alone event, I doubt you'll have a lot of turnout.

You're never going to make everyone happy...I just see this being a tough problem to solve.

I would maybe try to work with the folks at XFC to see if they would let someone add this event to the festivities at XFC? Just a thought.
I think it should be a smaller event like a fun fly. One day only with a small entry fee. You could have qualifications in the morning and finals in the afternoon. I think it would have a great turn out, because almost every person who flies 3d has a 60'' and under plane they could use to compete in it.

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
i really like this idea, and i think it could be a lot of fun. it would be nice to be in a competition, which gives you something to work towards, but also have a realistic chance to win/place in

quadracer

100cc

If it's held at a smaller exclusive event, transportation becomes an issue.

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
If it's held at a smaller exclusive event, transportation becomes an issue.

i think transportation is an issue with any event. but maybe just a single event is not what we need. Maybe there should be several small events. That way people would be able to get to at least one of them. And also I do not believe it has to be anything large or extravagant to be a success. I think the main goal should be about having fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.