• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Should we create an 3D competition in the 50" to 74" Class?

Should 3DRCForums create an Amatuer 3D Competition?

• Hell Yeah!

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • Nah, too many events this year already.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
I also thing with a new idea like this you should start small. maybe only expect 25 pilots. charge a small entry fee, and take a portion of that to come up with the prizes. treat the even like you would a small funfly, which does not take much money to put on. then if it is sucessfull you could slowly grow the event each year.

Being that lm poor and there is no way that l can afford a 50cc plane without taking to much from my family l LOVE the idea of a smaller plane sized event.

hone

150cc
Sorry, can't compete ;)

I'm sure any 35cc and under would be able to compete.

Hehehe i know i'm just kidding. Besides i'm sure it'll be on the other side of the country somewhere.

Unless you guys all want to make the trip to sunny California :ecstatic:

SnowDog

The problem with limiting the event to small (60" and under) is the transportation cost trade off. If I'm going to an event, I want to make sure I can see a bunch of people fly, and I like to watch big stuff fly, and where ever it is I will most likely need to make a weekend out of it to spread the travel time over a reasonable period. So I think it should be attached to an existing FLI (for this year at least).

Status
Not open for further replies.