Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  2. Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

-= SLiCKNeSS SiCKNeSS =-

Discussion in 'ExtremeFlight/3DHS' started by Lonelasso, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Lonelasso

Lonelasso 70cc twin V2

Here's my testimonial for how MUCH I love the 51" Slick--I'm now flying my 4TH ! :D How many 'other' ARFs can claim that kind of loyalty ? I can not imagine NOT having one (51"). The endurance is now legendary.....and I have experienced it myself...more times than I care to mention ;) My last (3rd) survived a direct hit on a parking lot light, popped a wing bolt after a VERY violent blender and flew again within minutes (replaced the prop and wing bolt). I even yanked the LG/lg plate out after hitting a CURB !
    #2 survived an inverted flat spin from 100 feet after the turnigy BEC died....the rudder was buried 2 inches ! :eek: I can't recall HOW much endurance #1 endured, but do remember that it died after I forgot to connect the aileron servos AND did NOT perform pre-flight :eek:
    So....the reason for this thread is....express your LOVE for your SLICK, so that those that do not yet own one...WILL :D

2. Are you tow-mater on rcgroups?

3. Subbed!!

4. gyro

gyro GSN Contributor

Texas
    Yes, he is :)

Thanks Dave for starting this one... Ive got a permanent infection!

Sub'd!

5. I only have a 71 right now but eventually would like to get a 51 for those days when I don't want to hassle with the 71. I have to strap it down in the back of my truck. Totally worth it but sometimes I can be lazy. I do like the bigger size though. It is my first big plane and I am just infatuated with it.

Just found out that electric 71's are up for pre-order!! They are suppose to ship early September. Get em while there hot!!! http://www.3dhobbyshop.com/AJ-Slicks_c_199.html

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2012

6. Cool!

7. Does the 51" fit in a SUV with the wings still on?

8. 3dNater

3dNater 3DRCF Regional Ambassador

If I held my mouth right I could get the 51 slick in the back seat of my saturn with the wings on. If you can't do that with your SUV you bought the wrong truck ;)

9. Lonelasso

Lonelasso 70cc twin V2

OMG !! Double pOsT !! ;)

10. Lonelasso

Lonelasso 70cc twin V2

Pretty sure iT'LL fit...if you stand iT on the nose and angle iT iN :D :D