• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

-= SLiCKNeSS SiCKNeSS =-

I just got my first slick this past sunday. Ive had it for two days an I am in love. I am goin out again with it tomorrow and hope to try and get some video. Its an 89'' and I have a new engine on the way to get a lil more powa. But it is one of the best 3D planes ive ever flown and ive flown quite a few. Love this plane, love this thread, love this site.

Zach

gyro

GSN Contributor
I just got my first slick this past sunday. Ive had it for two days an I am in love. I am goin out again with it tomorrow and hope to try and get some video. Its an 89'' and I have a new engine on the way to get a lil more powa. But it is one of the best 3D planes ive ever flown and ive flown quite a few. Love this plane, love this thread, love this site.

Zach

Thanks for the compliment Zach. You're officially diagnosed: you have the slickness sickness. There is no known cure.

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
nope no known cure. Put 2 more flights on mine today and it is so locked in. Can only imagine what a bigger one flies like. The 42 is a sweet machine. I have found the neutral CG sweet spot. I love what this thing does. My Edge feel so floaty in comparison to the monster that is the slick. So much fun. :)

Maidened it on Saturday in about 15 mph wind and it just laughed at it. The 48 edge was actually bounced around a bit more in the same wind because its so floaty.

Last edited by a moderator:

econpatric

70cc twin V2
Maidened my 59" Slick yesterday with some skis on it. (picture in avatar) Motrolfly 4315-714 15x7 Xoar on 4s made me giggle (Is giggling part of the SiCkNess?).

Santi8--do you have any designs for the orange slick?

I would like to do some custom graphics on this plane after a few more flights, I have been looking at Nachos Cheese, but non of the photos show up on the sight, also I don't know if I want to spend $100 on decals. What do you all suggest?

gyro

GSN Contributor
I got 8 on my 51 slick today:D

Gary how are you liking your DLE 30?

So far, so good. I've got about 1/3 - 1/2 a gallon through now, over the course of 4 flights. I can notice the motor is starting to break in some, but I'm being patient with her. Power is plentiful on the 71".

-G

gyro

GSN Contributor
Maidened my 59" Slick yesterday with some skis on it. (picture in avatar) Motrolfly 4315-714 15x7 Xoar on 4s made me giggle (Is giggling part of the SiCkNess?).

Santi8--do you have any designs for the orange slick?

I would like to do some custom graphics on this plane after a few more flights, I have been looking at Nachos Cheese, but non of the photos show up on the sight, also I don't know if I want to spend $100 on decals. What do you all suggest?

Santi8 does CUSTOM designs, so he'll make whatever you'd like, but I undstand he's a few orders deep right now. There is also B&E and Calliegraphix as well.

hosam

70cc twin V2
Gary, my DLE 30 had one 8 oz tank on the ground then i flew the snot out of it... break it in the air is my moto at least that is what I do with my non DA engines, LOL...