• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

-= SLiCKNeSS SiCKNeSS =-

Yeah, mine does the same. I have to use a lot of down elevator to make it come down. Not sure it's tail heavy, because it has none of that telltale twitching. I think it's just the way the plane flies.

Just got out the balancing jig. It was way tail heavy. Moved my 2 cell 2300 A123 forward to the motor box. About a foot. Now it is close to the forward balance point of 5 1/4 inch's from the leading edge at the root. I think it's been tail heavy for years! Bet it will fly better now! Probably wont snap as smartly but I hope it lands better. It was a handful to land on a windy day at a small field!

To be fair, I did put my rudder servo in the rear as a push pull instead of pull pull. And it has an MLD-28 in it which is a light motor.

I flow my son's 72 Extra at Fly Low Event event in Tennessee and it flew great. It landed like a Slick. It is electric but I won't hold that against him. He just does not have the Internal Combustion Bug yet.

SnowDog

Rex, glad you found the C of G issue, your landings will be much easier now! Dont worry well get Erik converted eventually although he is a tough case for electric that's for sure!

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I got out to fly my 51 slick yesterday for my first flying outing since I crashed my two slicks on back-to-back days on July 23 and 24th. I spent the evening on Sunday getting it all patched up and was super excited for some fun stick banging. When I got to the field my 6 yr old asked if I would let him buddy box on it. I thought that would be fun so I got it out and started setting it up. Every time I would switch from the buddy box back to my TX the trim setting would change and the motor would spin up a little. I'm guessing it was just the esc end point setting adjusting or something. Anyway, I made a big adjustment on the throttle trim of the buddy box hoping to eliminate the problem while I finished setting it up. It made it worse... guess I moved it the wrong direction. This time the plane actually started to taxi. My A9 was laying upside down to me at the time because of the way the trainer jack plugs in and me not wanting to pinch the cable on the table. So I tried to steer the plane away from the fence and accidentally increased the throttle. The wing tip caught the fence and wacked my brand new prop into the notorious fence. The prop had zero flights and the firewall is busted. Can't catch a break these days, but don't count me out... that slick will be flying again soon!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Damn... You've had a nasty run of bad luck :(

Hang in there! You'll have everything fixed just in time for the cooler weather. :)

Lonelasso

70cc twin V2
Howdy, Mr. G !

Hope it's aLL going gOOder ! :banana: Thought I'd try and catch uP on 'stuFF' 'round hErE, as I've been away for awhile. :D I'll be lurking more than posting as my right thumb has become so painful and stiff that it's difficult to type. My hand surgeon recommends a trapeziectomy be done 'soon', and I can expect recovery in 3-4 weeks.

I wiLL advise !!

-DaVe