Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D So I have a Carden Fetish.....

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by capthis, Apr 12, 2016.

Is this dude completely crazy?

1. Completely insane in the membrane...

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. A little off his rocker

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Nahh this dude's smart!

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. Haha, I always wanted to hoard stuff too but the wife won't let me.

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Capthis for President!

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. Cappy should buy Carden Aircraft!!!!!!

12 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. capthis

capthis 70cc twin V2

Canopy is painted and back on the airplane. Also have rudder RE hinged with robarts.

My buddy has my landing gear to media blast it. I keep chugging along little by little.

Attached Files:

BalsaDust and Notorious B.E.N. like this.
  2. Bartman

Bartman Defender of the Noob!

i love a good RC recovery effort! it warms my heart. :love:

3. capthis

capthis 70cc twin V2

Mine too. Truth is I'm a mediocre pilot at best I'll never be all that great so having the latest greatest just won't help me much :). So I'd rather fly something I built or rebuilt and just have fun with it. I do this for fun and bringing dead Cardens back to life is something I enjoy.

Bartman and orthobird like this.
  4. orthobird

orthobird 150cc

you are lucky!

5. capthis

capthis 70cc twin V2

This airplane came with wheel pants that are a little busted. I haven't ever had spats on a plane so after looking at pictures of the real ones I decided I'd try and make my own. I used some scrap 1/8 ply and scrap 3/8 balsa.

I think I'm going to just cover these with ultracote? I realize they aren't covered yet but weigh just less than 1 oz each. The Carden wheel pants are 2.5 oz each. So I'll save 3 oz here by making these spats.

Attached Files:

6. capthis

capthis 70cc twin V2

Landing gear got painted over the weekend. Also spats covered....

Little mock up to make sure everything still lines up.

Attached Files:

Terryscustom and BalsaDust like this.
  7. capthis

capthis 70cc twin V2

I have got to get back on this project.... Got a little sidetracked plus flying season finally showed up!

JAG likes this.
  8. capthis

capthis 70cc twin V2

Flying season yo... 46521.jpg 46518.jpg

9. capthis

capthis 70cc twin V2

Been working on lots of projects but I have started covering the 100cc Yak I am rebuilding. Here's the first wing done. The other is about half done. These things sure do eat up the Ultracote! 77536.jpeg 77539.jpeg

10. orthobird

orthobird 150cc

Beautiful job!

capthis likes this.