• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Soloshot anybody? Anyone, anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
You know, it wouldn't be so hard to shoot video of a plane if the moron manufacturers of cameras had not done away with the viewfinder. Looking at a lcd display in the sunlight is a pain in the president. They make a loupe viewfinder but they don't work that great. I wonder what frequency that tag uses to allow tracking on the soloshot.

Oh man, mine arrived this Tuesday, and you are really discouraging me!!
sad face
;(

I will give it a try as well. Looks like it will be a PITA to get it to initialize each time I want to use it.

You know, it wouldn't be so hard to shoot video of a plane if the moron manufacturers of cameras had not done away with the viewfinder. Looking at a lcd display in the sunlight is a pain in the president. They make a loupe viewfinder but they don't work that great. I wonder what frequency that tag uses to allow tracking on the soloshot.

I love your Avatar, That guy was so funny in that movie!!

Fargin Iceholes.

The "setup" is complicated but you really can do it pretty quick using their procedures but I think we are going to have to modify those steps to get this thing to "see" high enough.
One of the things I want to try is to use the top of a treeline out in front of our flight line as the "center point", do the 200 step walk about and then go about halfway to the trees (250, 300 feet) for the final calibration. I have no idea if this will work and SoloShot got tired of answering what-if's when nothing else works.

thurmma

150cc
You would think they would be bending over backwards to answer the what-ifs if they realized how many they could potentially sell to the rc community if you can get this working the way we want it to work.

It really seems that they rushed this thing to market and might be lost trying to get the vertical we need out of it. I keep suspecting that here is a problem with it zooming in too close when it goes up. I was going to try some stuff tomorrow bu it looks like rain all day plus my AC died last night and we can't get a service guy until tomorrow at the earliest so I think we hit a motel for tonight and focus on getting the AC fixed tomorrow Maybe Sunday I can try some different setup stuff.

SleepyC

150cc
I'll hit them up and see if they have any updates. I had to send my Soloshot back which sucked, would have helped me with reviews... no need for a second guy to go with me.

You can just check for firmware for the base/tag and another for the camera controller. I did keep up with updates throughout the testing and just applied whatever the current firmware was. I never found how to identify what version of the firmware is currently in the base/tag/controller so just did he install of the current one to be sure.