• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

SOLOSHOT2: Get The Perfect RC Video of Your Plane In Flight By Yourself!

SleepyC

150cc
What did the package cost, if you don't mind me asking...

The Pro package (head, camera, and Cam control is around $600. I ad mine out tis past weekend and it was awesome.
No joke so SMOOTH and the zoom in and out is flawless. I would have the review up this week, but I copied my "face" cam and the "solicit cam" footage to the same folder and it overwrote the one cams footage. (I is smart)

Re-filming in the next 3 days.

rcbobp

70cc twin V2
$649

If it works, it's a great deal. My problem is I'm a smart guy, but learn better when someone shows/talks me through it. I get a bit overwhelmed by instruction manuals. From what I can see, you need to be outside to set it up, and from there I think there will be some hit and miss attempts to get the settings right, between the camera and the base. Once I have it right, though, I'm psyched to use it. Guys in my club have been hocking me about when I'm going to have it at the field. I tell them as soon as we get some real flying weather!!

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
Thanks guys...
Looks like the only real negative may be an inability to follow the fast-action guys like Jase, P-Huck (Stephen Washington) and the like?

SleepyC

150cc
Thanks guys...
Looks like the only real negative may be an inability to follow the fast-action guys like Jase, P-Huck (Stephen Washington) and the like?
It can MOVE FAST...

Sleepy, if you can weigh in with suggested settings, etc. that will be a real help to manual-phobes like me.

Really it's not too hard, just have to get the system down.

All outside.
1) Turn on the TAG and let it warm up (find GPS) for 8 - 10 minutes.

2) Once TAG is warmed up Turn on Base and plug in the power cord on the Sony 240. (Do not plug in the other cord into the camera yet.

3) Set camera to infinity, manual focus and turn off digital zoom

4) Find a "focus area" about 50 feet away from your camera and manually zoom the camera to that spot and center the solicit head nit by pushing the arrows until you "focus area" is centered in the cameras frame. NOW plug in the 2nd wire. The camera will auto zoom out.

5) Bring tag over to base unit and hold it directly above the camera and and hit the "+" button on both the base and tag at the same time, they will blink, then walk the tag to your "focus point" and hit the "+" button once more. The camera is not recording and you are ready to go.

It seems like a lot, but once you get it down it's not hard.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Holy smokes Sleepy. That's a lot to take in. I'm going to wait for version 3 or 4 and hope they have it simplified by then. Plus by then they'll be down to like $49 bucks or something.
Remember when VCRs were $1000.00?!

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
I just went to their website. That's the most annoying freeking site I've attempted to navigate in a long time. NOT user friendly at all... It must be a test. If you can work the website, you'll have no trouble with the unit.

Last edited:

rcbobp

70cc twin V2
It can MOVE FAST...

Really it's not too hard, just have to get the system down.

All outside.
1) Turn on the TAG and let it warm up (find GPS) for 8 - 10 minutes.

2) Once TAG is warmed up Turn on Base and plug in the power cord on the Sony 240. (Do not plug in the other cord into the camera yet.

3) Set camera to infinity, manual focus and turn off digital zoom

4) Find a "focus area" about 50 feet away from your camera and manually zoom the camera to that spot and center the solicit head nit by pushing the arrows until you "focus area" is centered in the cameras frame. NOW plug in the 2nd wire. The camera will auto zoom out.

5) Bring tag over to base unit and hold it directly above the camera and and hit the "+" button on both the base and tag at the same time, they will blink, then walk the tag to your "focus point" and hit the "+" button once more. The camera is not recording and you are ready to go.

It seems like a lot, but once you get it down it's not hard.

Power cord? Are you talking about the cord that controls the camera zoom? Also, how are you mounting the Tag on the plane? I'm thinking to wrap it around a landing gear.

SleepyC

150cc
Power cord? Are you talking about the cord that controls the camera zoom? Also, how are you mounting the Tag on the plane? I'm thinking to wrap it around a landing gear.

If you have the "pro" system with the provided Sony camera, it has a "USB" power cord that comes out of the handle, you attach this to the "power" port 1st.... THEN after you do the manual zoom and centering, you attach the camera control cord.

If you just have the soloshot without the camera control this would not apply.