• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

SOLOSHOT2: Get The Perfect RC Video of Your Plane In Flight By Yourself!

oh58skid

50cc
In an earlier post I mentioned that the vibrations associated with the big gas airplanes will cause the tag to switch between the highlight mode and record start stop mode, because there is a feature with the tag that you can tap the top of the tag to highlight a scene or start and stop the recording. I called sosloshot and told them the issue and they e-mailed me back within an hour with the solution......to turn off this function on the tag they said to plug in a USB stick into the base before pairing the devices and leave it plugged in through out the session.

Last edited:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I don't expect it to work well for fast/high energy acrobatics.

The reason I think so is due to the limitations of the precision and speed of GPS.

The same thing is applicable for using GPS to measure airspeed on hotliner R/C aircraft. You don't get fast enough sampling to get really high resolution location data.

You could see it in the video of the Edge that did all the slow 3d, right at the end when the pilot flew off to the right, the plane flew out of frame.

It is an awesome product but I don't think it will ever be able to give quality videos of somebody like Jase Dussia. You would need something that is sampling hundreds if not thousands of times a second to keep him in frame.

But as I say this, I can't wait to see what they do with it!

BJ Swope
If they can design it so that it is precise and accurate enough to keep Jase in the entire frame the whole flight...well, that would be worth a ton a money. That boy...IS GOOD!!!

rcbobp

70cc twin V2
Well, I bit the bullet and bought the package deal which includes the Sony CX240 camera. Hope it's not to complicated for a simpleton like me.

Mikeq

150cc
When you get it and all set up be sure and tell us what you think..I almost ordered one and I have a Sony camcorder but it isn't compatible with the thing that auto zooms...if I buy it it will have to be with the Sony that comes with it.

rcbobp

70cc twin V2
Brown Truck delivered the package today!!! Now if only we can get some of that global warming here so we can get out and fly!!!

rcbobp

70cc twin V2
Got mine a couple months ago, but with this lousy winter I haven't thought about setting it up. Until this week that is. So now I've charged the camera, the base and the tag. Hopefully I'll get outside this weekend to start using it. The Base settings are Surf & Turf, Standard Tracking and Single Mode. Which setting should I use?