Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport Somethin extra

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by CAsniffer, Oct 3, 2020.

1. I know this isn't considered a giant scale plane but was always one of my favorite easy to build kits and every day flier planes I've built 3 in the past some with tail mods. anyways I've ordered 2 kits one for my adult son and 1 for me he talked me into getting back into the hobby didn't take much haha . But I've been waiting months for it.... Sig seems to be having some issues. So I decided to scratch build one I have 3 sets of plans and landing gear canopies etc so I have the wing ribs traced did that years ago and formers are on the plans but there are other shapes I don't have landing gear mount servo tray firewall etc . I can invent my own but just wondered if anyone else has done this and maybe has the templates already ?

2. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

@CAsniffer One of my all time favorite screen names.................

CAsniffer likes this.
  3. Who doesn't love the smell and that puff of smoke when glueing balsa it never gets old for me anyways

dhal22 likes this.
  4. dhal22

CA glue and nitro smell, both bring up wonderful memories.

TonyHallo and CAsniffer like this.
  5. And Monokote smell!!!

-Rick-, dhal22 and CAsniffer like this.

6. tailskid

tailskid 70cc twin V2

Opening a new kit......you get that “new balsa” aroma!

dhal22 and CAsniffer like this.
  7. -Rick-

-Rick- 70cc twin V2

My favorite!

CAsniffer likes this.
  8. Question what's your guys opinion on monocoat versus ultrakote I used ultrakote on my 300s recently it seems to me it wrinkles in the sun easier granted I'm getting back into the hobby and I'm going off of memory

9. dhal22

I paint everything so zero opinion on Monocote.

CAsniffer likes this.
  10. So you sheet everything seal and paint . I've never done one that way I always thought a model got alot of its strength from the covering