• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

St George Utah 3D Bash

gyro

GSN Contributor
Guys, forgot to mention:
SavoxUSA is sponsoring the event with a set of 5 servos! Way to go Savox!

FlyMike1

70cc twin V2
I'm looking to buy a couple of planes at this event. 70 to 92 electrics. EF and 3DHS Post if you will have them. Michael

gyro

GSN Contributor
Guys, forgot to mention:
SavoxUSA is sponsoring the event with a set of 5 servos! Way to go Savox!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396721177.775817.jpg

5 of their SA-1258TG servos! Perfect for a 30-35cc airplane... and going for $72 each right now that's 360 reasons to make someone's day at the 3D Bash!

ExtraNuts

70cc twin V2
No [MENTION=341]Mithrandir[/MENTION], that is not our field. I am not sure what field that is. I don't recognize the improvements. Then again, I haven't been to that many fields lol. Where would you be traveling from? We would love to have you!
Mith, that is the Cedar City club field about an hour north of St.George. This event looks like it's shaping up to be a good one. Hope it becomes an annual event. A big thank to all the sponsors who stepped up. Very cool. Cant wait to meet you all.

Last edited by a moderator:

AKfreak

150cc
So all of the prizes will go into ta Pilots Raffle? Also Since I am kind of new to all of this (and I suck) is this event broken into classes. What exactly do the fees cost to enter, and do you have a total newb class (4 months total time)

Last edited by a moderator:

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
[MENTION=3014]AKfreak[/MENTION] most of the time at this event will be open flying. The one trick contest will be on Saturday and the flight line is anticipated to be closed for less than an hour. It is a simple event... I hadn't anticipated breaking it I to classes but enough people have asked that I should maybe consider it. The idea is to make it as fun as possible with as much participation as we can get. If we do classes it will have to be based on an honor system etc. The one trick contest will just be a cash pot from the entry fees (not yet determined) and perhaps another trophy type prize.

The pilot raffle is what most of the prizes are reserved for, including at least one airframe from our title sponsor, Aerobeez. As soon as I start receiving products from our sponsors I will post pics of them here in this thread.

The idea is to keep the event pretty simple with an emphasis on open flying.

There will be some pilot demonstrations on Friday and Saturday that should be pretty awesome.

gyro

GSN Contributor
[MENTION=3014]AKfreak[/MENTION] most of the time at this event will be open flying. The one trick contest will be on Saturday and the flight line is anticipated to be closed for less than an hour. It is a simple event... I hadn't anticipated breaking it I to classes but enough people have asked that I should maybe consider it. The idea is to make it as fun as possible with as much participation as we can get. If we do classes it will have to be based on an honor system etc. The one trick contest will just be a cash pot from the entry fees (not yet determined) and perhaps another trophy type prize.

The pilot raffle is what most of the prizes are reserved for, including at least one airframe from our title sponsor, Aerobeez. As soon as I start receiving products from our sponsors I will post pics of them here in this thread.

The idea is to keep the event pretty simple with an emphasis on open flying.

There will be some pilot demonstrations on Friday and Saturday that should be pretty awesome.

One trick trophy prize is the RC transmitter wings from the wooden wing. (Applies to all our events this year)

AKfreak

150cc
Thanks for the response. Hey one trick would be so lame, it wouldn't even be worth the waste of time to keep others from open flying :)