• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Stupidest thing you have ever done RC related.

BalsaDust

Setting up expo reversed on my Pitts M12... The first 4 flights were a nightmare until Dr Evil remembered someone else doing the same thing and asked me if I might have done so to...

I did that once with a foamie. Switched out from futaba to spektrum on that plane as I didn't fly it much. First time I went to fly it it was all over the place. That was when someone told me that spektrum and futaba have expo setup backwards from one another.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
I did that once with a foamie. Switched out from futaba to spektrum on that plane as I didn't fly it much. First time I went to fly it it was all over the place. That was when someone told me that spektrum and futaba have expo setup backwards from one another.

reversed the expo on the first computer radio i had but flew it for probably TWO YEARS like that before someone explained it to me....every little hand tremble came out in my flying!

Bipeguy03

150cc
The first time I flew a glider off of a high start I forgot to turn the RX switch on before I launched it........

OR

When I was 9, I designed my own free flight with a Cox Black Widow .049. One of my dad's buddies got into my head telling me it wouldn't get off the ground. Well on the test flight, thinking that it wouldn't fly, I COMPLETELY filled the tank on the Black Widow, fired it up an launched it.. Never saw it again. lol

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
The first time I flew a glider off of a high start I forgot to turn the RX switch on before I launched it........

OR

When I was 9, I designed my own free flight with a Cox Black Widow .049. One of my dad's buddies got into my head telling me it wouldn't get off the ground. Well on the test flight, thinking that it wouldn't fly, I COMPLETELY filled the tank on the Black Widow, fired it up an launched it.. Never saw it again. lol
Ooopsie....lol

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
OK, I'll confess. I've done too many bone head things involving RC flying, but this one takes the cake. I had a brand new Modeltech Dragonlady that I wanted to fly so badly, I forgot to make sure the receiver battery was charged. The battery had enough juice for me to taxi the plane out to the runway, but that was it. The plane suddenly excellerated down the runway and then took off. . . . . :eek:. The plane was all over the place. It flew above me and over the pit area behind me and all my Dumb A__ could do was stand there like a bump on a log and watch it. . . . :confused??: It seemed to fly around forever before it finally planted itself in the soy beans. One of my flying buddies was there and after it crashed, he said he wasn't sure what was happening because he and another guy's were too busy ducking behind tables and anything else they could find. . . . . :lol2:. This happened about ten years ago and to this day, newer club members I tell this story to cannot believe a plane can fly by itself. I just look at them and smile.

BalsaDust

I set up the failsafe wrong while building and programming a buddies 250 mini quad. Damn thing lit me up. Saving grace was it had carbon props on it that had a pretty blunt LE to them. If it had had the little bitty gws props like I run in mind that are sharp as hell I would have ended up with quite a few stitches.

SleepyC

150cc
reversed the expo on the first computer radio i had but flew it for probably TWO YEARS like that before someone explained it to me....every little hand tremble came out in my flying!

Man and this can still happen because you have to know which radio company has it set which way.. JR is + Futaba is -...