• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Team 3DRCF Brian "Yak Dude" Strachan

gyro

GSN Contributor
*Flails Arms Wildly* Well that's just not fair!

I was pretty shocked and humbled myself... It was a true privilege!

As for your new Extra, we need to make some vinyl for it. I've already made some for your ailerons, forward canopy, and the bottoms of your wings. Need to brainstorm some ideas for the top of the wings, rudder/vert stab, and the fuse sides.

-G

Feral

Damn guys that's a good effort bought built and flew in a day. We miss all the fun stuff this side of the creek

Hey guys!

Just letting y'all know tomorrow I will headed to Joe Nall! Woohoo! I will be arriving on Saturday and will be camping down at the 3D Flight Line. If y'all are there come by and say hello! I will be running around taking pictures for the site and being an ambassador in Gyro's place (yeah right), but i'll try!

Hope to see many of y'all there!

Thanks
Brian

Hey guys!

Just letting y'all know tomorrow I will headed to Joe Nall! Woohoo! I will be arriving on Saturday and will be camping down at the 3D Flight Line. If y'all are there come by and say hello! I will be running around taking pictures for the site and being an ambassador in Gyro's place (yeah right), but i'll try!

Hope to see many of y'all there!

Thanks
Brian

WOOOO!!!! I will hopefully be leaving Saturday! See you there!

Hey Guys,

So Gary has been asking me to come to the 3DHS FLI in New Jersey for a few months now... I finally submitted to him and agreed to go. At the event there's supposed to be an "All out 3D competition" going on. So, this required a new airplane.

I figured I'd show y'all what I'm up t and flying.

Here is my new 58" Edge. Gary and I decided on this airplane after a little research and various video watching. Simply looked like a winner, that and it's just sexy looking. I've already gotten a number of flights in on it and I have to say I'm impressed. For all out 3D and being ridiculous this airplane is sweet. It's got a ton of power, crazy control throws and must have had wayyy to much coffee this morning.. After a few flights I have learned this thing tumbles like no other. Due to it's short tail moment it's able to almost literally turn itself inside out within it's own space. Now this means it's no pattern plan, but who cares about those? (Oh wait... I do) Anyway, if your goal is an all out 3D monster, this airplanes does it. It's very predictable, maneuverable and actually pretty kind for a plane it's size. Nothing it has done has really "surprised" me or caught me off guard. An experience I've had with similar size aircraft. Over all I love the plane, and I'd recommend it for anyone learning 3D or already pushing the limits. It sure seems like a lot of fun to me, but w'ell see if she can guide me to a first place in NJ ;)

My setup is:

Motro-Fly DM4315

Castle Talon 90 ESC

Hitec HS-7245

Glacier 3300mah 6S

Xoar 15X8 prop

Scorpion battery straps

Futaba R6208 receiver

Futaba 12 channel radio

20130612_142258.jpg20130612_142319.jpg20130617_170944.jpg