• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Terryscustom 35% MXS-ST Prototype

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Cool! After you finish with this experiment you'll have to try the "offset" hinging like we talked about. This is the Sukhoi pic where you can see through the gap on the left wing with the aileron up. And the down aileron on the right wing clearly shows its leading edge protruding well above the wing.

Absolutely and thanks again for the chat, very cool to get a full scale pilots perspective on this and I will absolutely pursue some experiments with this. Here are a couple of pics of the P3 Revolution that show the rudder offset for a "hinge-line counterbalance" effect you were talking about. I am super excited to try this out, but not on this particular plane since this is a production prototype.

Attachments

• 27_IMG_4523.jpg
    27_IMG_4523.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 362
  • 16_two seater P3.jpg
    16_two seater P3.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 392

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I like that, never seen that one before. I was doing some browsing for a nice scheme and came up with this one although I'm not sure of colors yet. I have a few others that Im kicking around as well. Psssst......remember the MX is basically a Giles with a different wing.
image.jpg

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Between massive paper shuffling today I managed to get the entire plane sheeted. All parts were in and out of the vacuume between 2:00PM and 11:30PM. After work is done tomorrow I'm ready to dig in for a busy weekend.