• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

** The 3DRCForums 38! **

njswede

150cc
My own personal shout-out to Jacob "Jay-Pilot" for his awesome display of sportsmanship and positive attitude. Jacob sure had more than his fair share of mishaps, but he had a smile on his face and just kept on having fun all the time. Looking forward to see you fly again soon!
IMG_5733.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
I would like to say that I had a fantastic time helping with this event and watching all of you fly. The skill level is incredibly high and you made Ben's, Joe's, and my job extremely challenging! You all gave it 100% and really threw down. I could tell that a lot of practice went in to all of those flights and the flying was some of the most entertaining I have seen at any contest.

Huge thanks to the event sponsors 3DHS and Castle as well for making this contest all it could be, and thanks to Glen for making room for it at his awesome event. Huge thanks as well to Gary, Pontus, and the rest of the 3DRCF crew for making it all happen. Looking forward to next year as well!

Sorry I lost the planes in a couple videos. High up at show center if I panned I got the handle locked up in the tripod. I learned it is easier to use the viewfinder than the flip out screen. The people at B and H told me I needed a 7" or larger monitor and now I think they might be right. Video and photography are equal in the expense department to RC!

melter

New to GSN!
Hi to all and I want to say how impressed I was with the skill level at this event. If we all step back a little and think about the future of extreme flying, it would be hard to deny that sooner or it is later going to be freestyle to some degree. The difficult part will be in a universal judging criteria.. I have been going to scale aerobatic events for over 12 years and I can't remember an event with more fun than this. Remember it's not a career, its for fun.
Well done to you all.

Cody's Dad

gyro

GSN Contributor
1.JPG
Thanking competitors

2.JPG
1st Place

3.jpg
2nd Place

4.jpg
3rd Place

5.jpg
4th Place

6.JPG
5th Place

7.jpg
good sports and future competitors?

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Just awesome guys. Those shots of the awards says it all with the smiles on all the faces. The future of extreme scale aerobatics is in good hands (love the shot of Steve and Ashleigh). Definitely making a hole in the schedule for July 2014! Fly low fly hard and have fun! Hope to meet up with some of you soon.

This event was a great success. We gave it more time this year and it felt like it was way more fun. Last year we were only there for one night. Great to fly with all the pilots that came out. Wish I had another flight and very sorry to disappoint with the lockout in the finals. Met a lot of great new people and saw our favorites as well. Thanks to the 3DHS, 3DRC, Glen and the folks at the field for all the hospitality and good times. If anybody finds a Hacker A30 out in the weeds, send it our way because we need it to fly combat next time. See you next year!