• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

quadracer

100cc
I think if you don't have an "off" day every now and then, you aren't human. Some days your perception and thought processes are much quicker than others, and those are two areas that are extremely important to flying.

3dbandit

100cc
I have a question, especially for you that fly a lot. Do you ever have a off day sometimes? A day that you just don't fly as good as your normal? I had one today, it has happened before a few times. I think when that happens that's its time for a day or 3 break from flying. Everything I did today just looked sloppy, out of sync.

I fly around 800 flights a month( I think I might fall into the category of pilots who fly a lot ;) ).

Flying as much as I do, I sometimes have an off day where I just am not on the top of my game(this happens probably 1-2 times a year).
When this happens I just take a day or two off and then get right back to it.

You probably just need a few days off. Hang in there.

wedoitall

sounds like me and you are in the same category :D too bad we live far apart. but yea I guess ill take a break for a day or two. I did just got off RF. does RF count as a break? :D

3dbandit

100cc
sounds like me and you are in the same category :D too bad we live far apart. but yea I guess ill take a break for a day or two. I did just got off RF. does RF count as a break? :D

LOL, I don't believe real flight counts as a break.

Just separate from the RC world for a day or two.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
A box full of awesome just showed up at my door!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool:
View attachment 17728

Savox service ? I just sent back a bag full of micro 0255s (4)! I had a return auth for 1, and included receipt for 2 of them and nothing for the other 2. The RA was for one that was locked out of the box. Right after that I had an in flight failure on my EF 48" MXS and totaled it. I sent a letter along with the servos. What do you think? Am I pipe dreaming to get service like Hitec? Or might I get replacement on all of them? I also asked to get credit and pay the difference on an upgrade to something better since I stripped out 3 in a week! Anyone have any experience with their returns/ service. Thanks.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Savox service ? I just sent back a bag full of micro 0255s (4)! I had a return auth for 1, and included receipt for 2 of them and nothing for the other 2. The RA was for one that was locked out of the box. Right after that I had an in flight failure on my EF 48" MXS and totaled it. I sent a letter along with the servos. What do you think? Am I pipe dreaming to get service like Hitec? Or might I get replacement on all of them? I also asked to get credit and pay the difference on an upgrade to something better since I stripped out 3 in a week! Anyone have any experience with their returns/ service. Thanks.

I've sent SH-0255MG servos in (two separate occasions) after getting an RMA. They always took care of the problem. Turnaround was less than two weeks total.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I've sent SH-0255MG servos in (two separate occasions) after getting an RMA. They always took care of the problem. Turnaround was less than two weeks total.

Did you continue to have issues with them? I'm a little gun shy after blowing a few out in flight on the 48!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Did you continue to have issues with them? I'm a little gun shy after blowing a few out in flight on the 48!

Not after I moved from using he extended phoenelic arm included with EF kits to using the outer hole of the stock arm.
Make sure you're setting end points at max and using the innermost hole you can... Geometry is important with small servos