• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

wedoitall

Some flights I enjoy some big sky precision flying. I've been flying a lot more precision mixed in lately. Gonna try to get into som iMac next year. It'll be like 3d tho, something I'll have to learn on my own. I don't personally know anybody that does IMAC. Have a feeling it's gonna be harder to learn.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Some flights I enjoy some big sky precision flying. I've been flying a lot more precision mixed in lately. Gonna try to get into som iMac next year. It'll be like 3d tho, something I'll have to learn on my own. I don't personally know anybody that does IMAC. Have a feeling it's gonna be harder to learn.

Speaking the IMAC community in the NE, its a great group. Very helpful. Try to find a judging seminar close to you if possible. IMAC is contestant judged so you should go not only to learn to judge but learning to judge will help your flying too. Start your search at the IMAC website http://www.mini-iac.com/ lots of good info and videos. Good luck. What are you thinking of flying? I used my 78 EF extra for basic. Will likely move to sportsman this season.

joshgluck

100cc
Any imac basic guys in NJ? Been going back and forth on whether to give it a try. Competition seems to be mostly north or south of nj though. Tough to make them with Youngs kids, etc.

Love to hear others thoughts.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Cool Brian "yak-dude" video:
[video=youtube_share;ToReOhIYdbA]http://youtu.be/ToReOhIYdbA[/video]

Did a lot of IMAC this year considering we did 9 contests... and that is a lot of fun. Probably doing Sportsman a while again next year. Lots of camping, learning and of course flying. Once you get to know everyone, it's even better. If you only do one contest that's cool to get to know what it's like. Bottom line, it's likely that even if you only do one contest, it will help your flying.