• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

What would make this (or any) forum more appealing to me is a style option that screamed "forum" a little less. I think a lot of us with office jobs pop in now and then during work, and this current color scheme makes it pretty obvious. Something low contrast would be nice... mostly white, grey borders, black text.

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
What would make this (or any) forum more appealing to me is a style option the screamed "forum" a little less. I think a lot of us with office jobs pop in now and then during work, and this current color scheme makes it pretty obvious. Something low contrast would be nice... mostly white, grey borders, black text.

1- really glad to see you here!
2- I'll give some time to the schemes later today/tonight and try to offer that as an option. One of the amazing features of this site is the ability to CHANGE THE COLOR SCHEMES!

So... give me a day!

-Gary

Last edited by a moderator:

Pshhh you just now noticed me? You obviously missed my mascot suggestion of Rocky the Receiver!

vJcjK.png

gyro

GSN Contributor
Pshhh you just now noticed me? You obviously missed my mascot suggestion of Rocky the Receiver!

View attachment 222

sorry I missed POST #1. :)

you typed, I read: click on the bottom left of the page, you now have two new styles you can choose from. Let me know what you think, I think either the "default" or "low contrast" might work for you.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1483590&page=554

If any of you guys want to explain in there. I am actually getting bored of following any threads, makes me just want to stop getting online because I am constantly trying to keep up I have about 30 threads in rcg, I think I am done being online for awhile. 5,000 post in 1 year wore me out.
In part that is always this risk when forums split off. It becomes to much to follow both and so people select the new one or stay with the old one. I have been on forums for "a long time" I have seen this happen now on two different golf forums and some stay and some go and for the most part it works out but for me it is always sad because you end up missing peoples contributions. I believe that we all loose something with this.

Sounds to me like you burnt your self out whether this new one started or not. Look inward for the solution on what will make you happy.

you typed, I read: click on the bottom left of the page, you now have two new styles you can choose from. Let me know what you think, I think either the "default" or "low contrast" might work for you.

Sweet thanks, I like the defualt for sure. The light blue and soft gray is reminiscent of Microsoft Office, so at a glance it's much less of an attention grabber.

The blackish bars in the low contrast scheme are actually pretty high contrast IMO.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Sweet thanks, I like the defualt for sure. The light blue and soft gray is reminiscent of Microsoft Office, so at a glance it's much less of an attention grabber.

The blackish bars in the low contrast scheme are actually pretty high contrast IMO.

thanks for the feedback, you're right... I'll give it another shot :)

I really love all the customizing I can do with this software!

SteveT.

100cc
2- I'll give some time to the schemes later today/tonight and try to offer that as an option. One of the amazing features of this site is the ability to CHANGE THE COLOR SCHEMES!

So... give me a day!

-Gary

thanks for the feedback, you're right... I'll give it another shot :)

I really love all the customizing I can do with this software!

Actually, I prefer the "low contrast" scheme.... but that's just me.... YMMV

SteveT

gyro

GSN Contributor
steve, you're seeing v2 of the low contrast, revised based on FF's inputs. guess it's a winner!