• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
I have the 104 AJS, and am hoping to have a AJ Laser this Summer. Frankly, the 91 EF Extra handles better than the AJS but the DA-120 is just perfect.

I currently have 7 3DHS planes and 5 EFs. 3DHS is the leader in the 30cc category. The 78 extra is more like a 40cc plane. I think EF is better in the 60" and 48" classes. They are about equal in the 60cc class with each having their strengths. The EF 104" extra is the current state of the art as seen with how much they represented the competitions last season. The 3DHS 108" 300LT was build as their answer but it won't be available till next season as far as us northerners are concerned.

I get to see the 3DHS crew a few times a year at various shows and events and I usually get a email response at some point. EF has been better at that. I had had issues with both companies. Following a picture in a EF manual led to total destruction of a ARF and when I followed the manual from another plane that came with the kit and cut out wood looking for blind nuts that weren't there I somewhat ruined my wingtips. Neither are perfect.

I have positive stories for both as well. 3DHS warranty replaced a whole 30cc ARF when a wing tube failed. They also had a hassle free exchange when UPS mangled another 30cc kit.

EF replaced my 110 yak wing when a couple of ribs failed on a mild 3D flight that was captured on hatcam.

I have done a lot of business with both companies and will continue to do so.

alawson999

70cc twin V2
File this under "you get what you pay for"

I tinker with F3P airplanes during the indoor season. Love my Twisted Hobbies Planes (3 of them) but keep up a futile effort to fly the super light, super floaty depron stuff.

Got my eye on a new design called METIS - but the full up kit was really expensive in October - guess lots of others wanted it too as the "hot item".

Saw it on sale the other day for kit + all electronics/servos for only $60 - I thought - well, too late for this season, but buy it, build it, use it next year.

Kit was delivered from the US distributor in a couple of days, and I opened it up.
Every thing looks great until I start to browse the assembly instructions.

Instructions are in GERMAN - nothing online - customer service at unnamed distrbutor is so far silent to my pleas for assist.

Guess I now know why it was on sale.

Imagining my typing german from the printed manual into google translate or babel fish to get a general clue as to assembly.

Probably would have been less frustrating if I had just put 3 $20s thru my paper shredder.

Excellent communication from 3DHS

A few days ago I ordered some spare parts from 3DHS for my 74" Edge (everyone needs a spare cowl and wheel pants, no?). I checked the USPS tracking number today and it said the package was delivered to Quarryville, PA (home of 3DHS). But I live in New Mexico and I didn't have the package.

So I sent 3DHS a quick email asking if they knew what was going on. I got a reply from Noll within 10 minutes saying there might be some issue with the postal service tracking and asking me to give the package one more day. I replied back that I would wait, no problem.

Then a few hours later I got another email from Noll saying another customer had the same issue with the tracking number and he had received his package today. When I got home from work my package was also waiting for me.

So kudos to 3DHS for their quick response and follow-up.

I'm not in the habit of publicly thanking vendors when they provide good service. I sort of expect it. But if you search this forum, you'll find another thread where I verbalized my disappointment with another issue involving some missing control horns in a 3DHS kit I bought. That issue was resolved after some effort. But this issue was resolved in a very fast and satisfactory way. Thanks Noll!

Regards,
Marc

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Thanks for posting that [MENTION=291]AtomicFlyer[/MENTION]. I hope this is the start of a new trend.

Noll brought me landing gear and a DA-60 mount to WRAM for me. Looks like Moose is doing up some nice videos for them. Ben seems to be doing R and D full time. Noll worked with me on my 92 wing issue. It does look like a positive trend for them. I find email is the way to work with them. With SEFF and Nall coming up that crew will be busy.

ryan_m

100cc
always nice to hear good stories like that instead of only bad ones! Thanks for posting, and glad to hear it too!