• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
It may be a day for hot-dogs and beer, but please take a minute and remember the real meaning of this day.
Vietnam 1970-1971

Veterans-Day-Tribute-NFIB.jpg

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
Well, I lost my 3dhs 57'' extra yesterday. I did a poptop at around 90mph or more and the plane held up fine. However the battery ejected from the plane. I had it strapped down with two straps, and velcro on the bottom. 200 flights never had anything like this happen with it before. Now I really need to get my 51'' AJ slick sold so I can replace the plane. The fuse is fixable and one wing is not damaged. However the replacement parts would come to $150 alone, and the damage in the fuse is in a real structural area. I fly my planes vary hard and am not sure I would trust my repairs. So I am just going to sell my slick and and buy a new extra or the new 60'' Yak55m if it comes out in june.

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
It was a sickening feeling watching 1K just fall from the sky from about 100 feet up. I had to look away before it hit the ground LOL. Thankful it landed in the runway and not in the woods. if it landed in the woods I would probably never have found it. So it could have been worse.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Out always a sad experience, sorry for the loss. I always have the confidence that dual straps are enough, now I wonder. How wide were they? I use twin 3/4"

gyro

GSN Contributor
Well, I lost my 3dhs 57'' extra yesterday. I did a poptop at around 90mph or more and the plane held up fine. However the battery ejected from the plane. I had it strapped down with two straps, and velcro on the bottom. 200 flights never had anything like this happen with it before. Now I really need to get my 51'' AJ slick sold so I can replace the plane. The fuse is fixable and one wing is not damaged. However the replacement parts would come to $150 alone, and the damage in the fuse is in a real structural area. I fly my planes vary hard and am not sure I would trust my repairs. So I am just going to sell my slick and and buy a new extra or the new 60'' Yak55m if it comes out in june.

Damn, sorry dude... That sucks! Knowing how much you love yaks, the new 60" Yak might be the right answer... Maybe you could find a way to sell some of the remaining 57 parts.

I'm always afraid of ejecting a battery.