• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

Well got my eme 120 into day that scott kidder passed along to me... ad a friendly gift... all she needs is bearings and it's back in the air.. I will probly just give it a complete rebuild

alawson999

70cc twin V2
When I first started in the hobby, many years ago, only balsa kits.

There was a standard deal done between "flyers" and "builders"

Flyer buys two kits

Builder builds both. Claim was that building two in parallel was only 1.5x the work of building one.

Result should be 2 identical airframes, but just in case, the flyer chooses his airframe first.

I saw this happen several times, always with both guys pretty pleased.

Anyone still doing this?

clarkj

70cc twin V2
Never heard of that. I built a great planes pete n poke a couple years back. I fly it about once a year- not my flying style but i like that plane for all the hours i have in it. Right now im building a 4star 60 but im moving along a little slow on it. Got a guy framing me up a jerry smith spoiler and in going to do the covering. I actually like covering but im so picky it takes me quite awhile to do it. I get compliments on my pete n poke often. The one thing i like about some kits is they arent arf and no one else has one like yours. Heres a pic of the spoiler a good freind had. Im going to cover it similar to this wehn i get to covering it image.jpg

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
Plenty of videos out there on YouTube. Here's surfimp with a foam glider. It's a whole different field of flying called "Ultrabatics"
[video=youtube;srxSc_L5vUc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srxSc_L5vUc[/video]

:)

Dan

AWESOME! Wish I had a slope like that!

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Fellas I'm in need of a DLE 35RA stock muffler. Mine broke the last time I was out. It had been crash-damaged and the fatigued metal around the bolt holes finally gave out. If anyone has one they are willing to sell (new or used) please let me know. If nobody has anything I will just buy one from valley view. I just thought I would poll this group first ;)