• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well my rear sat on it yesterday (finally) and it was happy!!

fj-09.jpg

Well should I buy it??? :popcorn:

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
How many dineros?

$10,500 is MSRP. Lowest I could find is $9,995 around my area. Gonna go talk to my bank today...

The dealer I want to work with wants to bend me over through a 3rd party bank, but not gonna let that happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Dang... Awesome for you if you pull the trigger on that :D For me, I would probably shop used like I do for everything lol. It seems like you could pick up a pretty decent used YZF-1000 for half that. Of course, I am not really current on their product line right now... that is just what I wanted when I was looking several years ago. I wanted a bike so bad it was making me crazy. Now that I live in Vegas I just see a death-trap as far as daily commuting goes. Where I moved from I would have very little reservations about daily commuting on a bike.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I'm gonna cruise over to the bank after work today and chat with them about getting it financed through them rather than a 3rd party bank. The bike just came out a handful of months ago so it's fairly new, no used ones up for sale yet. I generally like to buy used but I've been eyeing the FZ-09 since it was released in late 2013 and when this sport adventure touring version came out I knew I had to have it. The unfortunate thing for me is I can't do sport bikes, I have to have something that sits upright so this is the perfect blend of sport bike power and handling with the added advantage of being an upright machine. Plus luggage racks are a factory option which means I can take this one on extended road trips- I COULD do it with my KLR but being a 650 thumper dual sport it doesn't exactly have a lot of muscle and the suspension is super super soft so it doesn't handle as well (especially when riding 2 up).

The FZ-09 is also notorious for having a super aggressive throttle response, something which has been the demise of many of them especially with novice riders onboard. The FJ-09 has improved throttle mapping which still retaining the same horsepower/torque figures so it's less sensitive when you're down in the twisties- I'm not a novice rider by far but I don't want to get onto a bike that will come back and bite me hard if I happen to bump the throttle when I'm dragging a knee :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Dude, it just sounds awesome! It does look amazing... like I said, I am not current at all on their newer stuff. The throttle sounds nice... like a better throttle curve basically... same power but mapped to a wider range of motion. Is that right?

syzyguy

50cc
[MENTION=4]3dNater[/MENTION] yeah it isn't working for me today .. I get notices but can't get to the actual forum or post.