• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

Bipenut53

150cc
Nice!! I learned how to fly in a runway like that, one way in and one way out, 120 foot trees on both sides of the runway made things very interesting!!

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Those trees are like black holes, they claim many planes! There is a lot of wind changes at our field as well... Something about mountains and a glacier, but it consistently has a slight breeze from the glacier.

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
I never thought about that but it makes sense. Cold air sinks, so if you are lower than the glacier, you would always have that cooler air mass moving towards you.

Bipenut53

150cc
Nice that the breeze come pretty much from the same direction, cold air is nice to fly in because it is more dense, what prop do you run Nick? Just curious to see if you need to prop it down because of the bite it gets... Still it would be cold just standing there flying. You guys are truly dedicated r/c flyers!!! Short summers make snow flying nesseary

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Vess 20A (or maybe it's a 19B??), I tried the 20B and it was too much prop. It's spinning about 7,300ish at WOT. I keep it a little rich with the dense air. I'd like for try a falcon 19X8, but so far this has been an okay setup for me, it transitions ok, not very snappy.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
As someone who has poor circulation in the extremities, I am anxiously awaiting warmer weather.

I don't know how you guys survive those climates, my limbs would probably pop off!

Oh man that bad!!!

Too Funny Dude.:thumbup:

Yeah it was nasty!

Bipenut53

150cc
Ok then you would run a 21 A down here then in the summer..... Interesting.... Gonna be a high of 29 today, I almost want to take my quad up and plow the runway after seeing your picture, but I got too much plowing to do here... maybe after this cold snap passes by

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Once it's below freezing it's no longer fun to fly an internal combustion engine, I'll fly a Sunday type electric flyer to get my fix. :p