• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
The weekend is here! The weekend is here!!

This weekends forecast, plenty of flying, building, snoozing (today is day 12 I've worked in a row), oh, and an extra day off!!

I share your excitement [MENTION=3822]Xpress[/MENTION]!!! Man it's been a rough but exciting week! I'm looking forward to not having to think at all for 48 hours! 12 days straight is a rough one man!

I will say I just had an old man realization! Next year is my 30th freaking high school reunion! WTH people! I just freaking graduated (what seems like) yesterday! And what's with all these exclamation marks!!!! Ugggg I need a beer and I don't even drink!

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
Yesterday was a bust. It was raining, windy and nasty when I got up. They really missed the forecast.

Today however was awesome! The turn out at the field was impressive. Temps were in the 60s and the winds were less than 5 mph. I flew my 50cc RedwingRC Yak 55 and had a ball with it. I also made 1 flight with the wife's Apprentice to make sure it was trimmed right.

Saw one crash, a guy with a twin engine otter lost an engine and instead of throttling back and heading for the runway he tried to set it down in the field. Broke the nose off, twisted one of the wings and broke the left engine nacelle off. It could probably be repaired but I think the guy declared it totaled and tossed it after pulling his gear out of it.

He is one of the old timers who really needs to go back to trainer style birds as his capabilities have deteriorated to the point of frequent crashes.

Bipenut53

150cc
Sounds like a good time! I went flying today too.... No wind, temp about 72° and not a lot of competition for flying time.... I worked on harriers, and the stir for rolling harriers with my biplane an I am now able to get about a half circle of rolling harrier circles.... Oh yeah... We were indoors lol because outside its a high temp of 35° and mixed snow, rain, and freezing rain..... So ready for spring so I can fly without avoiding walls, beams, basketball hoops and lights...