• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Well last week we here in Eugene I found out we lost a great member in our club and friend. He was an awesome trainer that not only trained and mentored myself but also my son.

Chuck you will be missed my friend!

CJ_Service_1.jpg

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
Sorry Mike.

Our club lost 3 members in 2015. The club bought 3 AMA bricks in their name to honor them.

One of them wanted his planes auctioned off with the proceeds going to the club. I felt wrong being at his house rummaging through his stuff. I didn't bid on any of the planes. He was cremated and his ashes spread over the flying field. That is his ashes in the foam cup strapped to the top of one of his planes. And the next photo is the president of the club granting him his wish.

ARCS Funfly Oct 2015 (2).jpgDSC_0197.JPG

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Sorry Mike.

Our club lost 3 members in 2015. The club bought 3 AMA bricks in their name to honor them.

One of them wanted his planes auctioned off with the proceeds going to the club. I felt wrong being at his house rummaging through his stuff. I didn't bid on any of the planes. He was cremated and his ashes spread over the flying field. That is his ashes in the foam cup strapped to the top of one of his planes. And the next photo is the president of the club granting him his wish.

View attachment 37101View attachment 37102

Wow.... What a cool idea and truly dedicated pilot! It would be pretty cool to know you're always flying with your friends that have passed.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well I signed up for the FAA thing today, I have a feeling that I will need it for future events through work.