• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

SteveT.

100cc
That's why I won't use deans. Too difficult to solder. I like the XT-60 or the EC5 for high voltage. Very easy to solder!

Happy Birthday (tomorrow) Chad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------

So, I've got the rest of my stuff packed, and I drive out to San Antonio tomorrow. In my trailer I've go the 89" positioned nicely underneath a table, the 72" Extra still NIB, and in my van I've got the 70" and 64" MXS width wise in the second row, and in the back of the van, my two dogs are sharing some space with my 74" Edge and 51" Slick. I'll take a pic tomorrow when it's light out. I really hope these planes survive the move unscathed!

-G

I hope so too Gary.... Drive safely my friend!!

SteveT

Happy Birthday Chad
Thanks Mr. Ray!
That's why I won't use deans. Too difficult to solder. I like the XT-60 or the EC5 for high voltage. Very easy to solder!

Happy Birthday (tomorrow) Chad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------

So, I've got the rest of my stuff packed, and I drive out to San Antonio tomorrow. In my trailer I've go the 89" positioned nicely underneath a table, the 72" Extra still NIB, and in my van I've got the 70" and 64" MXS width wise in the second row, and in the back of the van, my two dogs are sharing some space with my 74" Edge and 51" Slick. I'll take a pic tomorrow when it's light out. I really hope these planes survive the move unscathed!

-G
Thanks! Have a safe drive!

Santi8

70cc twin V2
The 3DRCForums -OFF TOPIC- Thread

Happy birthday dude! Officially jealous that you're driving..........still got 6 months to go..........

Happy birthday! Shoot me a pm with your address and I'll send you some vinyl with your name on it for the canopy of one of your planes!

Everybody wants to drive when their 16, once you can drink, NOBODY wants to drive anymore! Enjoy it while it's "fun!"

djmoose

70cc twin V2
Always have an opposite deans plug plugged into the one you're soldering to keep the alignment. It will keep the tabs from moving if the housing melts. However, if the housing is melting...something isn't right.

On Friday afternoon, I was soldering some Female Deans plugs that I bought at my LHS where I had bought many packages of them before, but I started have problems with them. The plastic seems to melt very easily, and the contacts then move, making it very difficult to plug the male plug into them. Also, instead of looking like they are gold plated, they look silver instead....check out this photo...The male plug is one I took out of a package I have had for a few months and looks to be gold plated, the female one is a new one, and as you can see is just silver colored. You can see how the plastic melted on the one on the right!!

I went and bought a couple more packs today, and the same thing!! Tomorrow, I am going to go to another LHS and see if theirs are the same....

SteveT

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: The 3DRCForums -OFF TOPIC- Thread

Just be careful to avoid shorting your 6 cell 5500 on your conducive jigs up when you remove the other deans. And dont touch the exposed (now hot) male leads.

quadracer

100cc
The 3DRCForums -OFF TOPIC- Thread

Just be careful to avoid shorting your 6 cell 5500 on your conducive jigs up when you remove the other deans. And dont touch the exposed (now hot) male leads.

+1. I manage to find a way to get arc flash every time I solder them. Lol

As far as melting the housings, I got a new iron last time I soldered them, and it heated the tabs up quickly enough that the housings didn't melt. YMMV.

RCAddict16

70cc twin V2
Happy birthday! Shoot me a pm with your address and I'll send you some vinyl with your name on it for the canopy of one of your planes!

Everybody wants to drive when their 16, once you can drink, NOBODY wants to drive anymore! Enjoy it while it's "fun!"
Me? Haha its not my bday, its chad's bday. Send him the vinyl! Lol