• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

gyro

GSN Contributor
View attachment 10363

This ol bird has been issued a death warrant; two artillery shells inside the fuse, duct taped together facing toward each other (so they don't shoot through the fuse when the go off). Just gotta devise a 6v igniter so I can trigger detonation from my radio. Should be cool to watch, I'll get it on video.

Video or it didn't happen :D

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
Poke around on Flite Test. Their episode previewing their spitfire released in 4/1 and they blew it up as a prank. I'm pretty sure he describes how he rigged the remote trigger.

wedoitall

Hopefully Walmart still sells model rocket engine igniters, as no hobby shop is open today.

my buddy mikey mike would be freakin out if he saw you do that to that plane. I was gonna do something similar to my beat down 900+ flights TH foamie and after watching him freak I gave it to him. poor guy was tickled said it is his already his favorite and best flying plane.

quadracer

100cc
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21372981878.613102.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21372981895.031474.jpg
I didn't have an ESC big enough to fly it on 6S, so I have shoehorned a Motrolfly 4330 (the sticker says 4325, but it's a 4330..) into it, running on 12S. This the motor and ESC I had in my 72 Extra, so if it doesn't twist the fuselage in half, I'll be impressed! LOL

View attachment 10363

This ol bird has been issued a death warrant; two artillery shells inside the fuse, duct taped together facing toward each other (so they don't shoot through the fuse when the go off). Just gotta devise a 6v igniter so I can trigger detonation from my radio. Should be cool to watch, I'll get it on video.

They won't go anywhere. Without sticking the shell into the tube there's no compression to propell it. You just get a big puff of smoke, but the report is full bang. I have a few shells I saved for future use. There's no fancy, colorful break in the air. Just the report of what seems to be a hand grenade. They will probably make your heart skip a beat or two if they went off on the ground. :D I love 'em!

quadracer

100cc
Oh, we usually set off a couple hundred of them every year. Ive got the flashbang type, the ones that are more loud than colorful. :D
What I was thinking would happen is they would have just enough propulsion to shoot themselves out of the hole they'll likely burn in the side of the fuselage.